Have you tried this cinnamon syrup with ground cinnamon? This creamy pancake syrup only need 6 ingredients and take just 10 minutes to make! I even have a video to show you how to make this delicious recipe! It's cinnamon flavor is delicious on your favorite pancakes, waffles or even French toast!
Why You'll love This Syrup
- From scratch....6 Ingredients....Ready in 10 minutes
- A great flavored alternative to maple syrup!
- This syrup is also the perfect addition to add extra flavor to your morning coffee, a cold drink, or even hot chocolate!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Corn Syrup - Agave or regular honey may be substituted for the corn syrup.
- Evaporated Milk - You may substitute cream if you prefer. Cream does make a thicker syrup.
Step by Step Recipe Instructions
- Measure the white sugar, corn syrup, and water into a medium saucepan (a small saucepan may boil over).
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil for 4 minutes so the sugar dissolves and the syrup thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Immediately whisk in the vanilla, ground cinnamon and evaporated milk.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, French Toast Sticks or Mini German Pancakes.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container like a mason jar!
- A mason jar makes this syrup so much easier to reheat!
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
In the fridge. I usually keep mine in a glass quart size jar.
Just reheat in the microwave or over medium heat on the stovetop.
We use this syrup for all sort of breakfast items or even over vanilla ice cream!
More Homemade Syrups!
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!Print
Cinnamon Cream Syrup Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 3 ½ Cups 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: American
Have you tried this cinnamon syrup with ground cinnamon? This creamy pancake syrup only need 6 ingredients and take just 10 minutes to make! I even have a video to show you how to make this delicious pancake syrup!
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Corn Syrup
- ½ cup Water
- 1 (12 oz) can Evaporated Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract ((pure is best but optional))
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Measure the sugar, corn syrup, and water into a pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Boil for 4 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Immediately whisk in the evaporated milk, vanilla and ground cinnamon.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, french toast or other yummy breakfast food.
- Store leftover syrup in the fridge.
- Store in the fridge for up to a month.
- Reheat in the microwave.
- Agave may be subbed for the corn syrup.
Keywords: creamy cinnamon syrup, cinnamon syrup, cinnamon syrup for pancakes, flavored pancake syrup recipe
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!
ANY NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS ON THIS SITE IS BASED ON AN ESTIMATE, CALCULATED BY NURTIFOX PLUGIN (OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOURCE) FROM THE INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS IN EACH RECIPE. VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS, INCLUDING PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND FOOD PREPARATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION.
Wow! Very easy to make with what I had on hand. I used half agave and half light corn syrup with a perfect result. The large quantity also gave me the opportunity to experiment with it by adding unsalted butter and a little whisky, then warming it through gently. This whisky cinnamon syrup is next level adulting, I must say. Great on pancakes or waffles, fabulous for drizzling on a cake, and so much more. In fact, my next use will be as a splash of sauce over cinnamon whipped cream on top of a chocolate ancho ganache tart. Perfection! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe.
Can you can this
I don't recommend canning this syrup unless you have extensive knowledge of how to properly pressure can things with dairy in them. Low acidity in dairy products causes botulism when improperly canned and must be pressure canned not water bath or steam canned.
Can I use coconut milk or coconut cream in this so it is vegan??
I don't see why not. I would definitely go with the coconut cream though to make it thicker.
OMG I love the flavor. I was hoping it might be a little more thick when it is heated? It was milk-like consistency. If that is what I am going for, should I boil the sugar, water and corn syrup longer?
Yes, boiling longer with make it thicker some. I would also use heavy cream instead of evaporated milk if I wanted thicker syrup.
This syrup is the BOMB!!!
I absolutely love it!
Served this with pancakes for breakfast this morning and started my day off right! So quick, easy and delicious; my whole family loved it!
YUM! I want to pour this syrup over my entire breakfast! Thanks for the handy ingredients swap ideas.
Tastes good and has a wonderful fragrance. Thanks for the recipe!