Do you like blueberry pancakes? Then you've got to try these Wild Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes! They are so much healthier and better tasting!
Who loves blueberry pancakes? I do, but I don't. I like the pancake part but I do not like blueberries at all. I do, however, love wild blueberries. They are not at all the same as regular blueberries. They have a good flavor and they are so so so much more healthy for you! Don't just take my word for it, try these delicious wild blueberry buttermilk pancakes yourself!
How to make these amazing blueberry pancakes:
- Wyman's of Maine wild blueberries are my favorite and the superior brand of wild blueberries available. They now come frozen instead of canned. Yay!!!!
- Measure out about ¾ cup of the wild blueberries and put them in a strainer. Rinse them well and let them drip over the sink while you mix up the pancake batter.
- Dump the wild blueberries into a ziploc sandwich size bag with ¼ cup flour. Shake them around until the wild blueberries are well coated with the flour.
- Dump the floured wild blueberries with any remaining flour in the bag, into the pancake batter. Fold (don't stir) them into the pancake batter.
- Heat a griddle to a medium heat (I set mine at about 275 degrees).
- Pour the wild blueberry pancake batter in circles on your preheated griddle. I measure the batter out with a ¼ cup measuring cup. This should give you 8 six inch wide pancakes.
- Cook until golden on both sides and serve hot with syrup like this Lemon Cream Syrup!
What's the difference between wild blueberries and regular blueberries?
Wild blueberries and regular blueberries are completely different. Blueberries are a bush that are genetically modified, do not grow in nature naturally and must be cared for in a specific way to survive which also means lots of pesticides. Wild blueberries are a low maintenance plant that have naturally occurred in nature for thousands of years. Wild blueberries are also a super food. They are one of the more antioxidant fruits you can eat, plus, they maintain their antioxidant properties even when frozen. Regular blueberries do not have these same properties. Wyman's wild blueberries are the superior brand because they use very little pesticides or chemicals to deter bugs.
What goes well with blueberry pancakes?
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below!
Don't forget to subscribe to get my recipes sent to your email!Print
Start your day off right with these delicious wild blueberry buttermilk pancakes! They are quick, easy and will disappear as fast as you can make them!
- 1 ¼ Cups Flour (divided)
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ¼ Cups Buttermilk
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Almond or Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Wild Blueberries
- Preheat a griddle to medium heat ( I set mine at about 275 degrees)
- Measure the wild blueberries and dump them in a strainer. Rinse them well and allow them to drip while you mix up the pancake batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 1 Cup of the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, oil, egg and extract of your choice just until everything is combined.
- Dump the remaining ¼ cup of flour and the drained wild blueberries into a ziploc sandwich bag. Seal and shake until the wild blueberries are well coated with the flour.
- Dump the flour coated wild blueberries and any remaining flour in the bag into the pancake batter. Fold (don't stir) the wild blueberries into the batter just until combined and well distributed.
- Scoop batter out by ¼ cupfulls onto the preheated griddle. Cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve hot.
Keywords: pancakes, blueberry pancakes
Any nutritional analysis on this Site is based on an estimate, calculated by Nurtifox plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.