There are so many uses for this syrup! Only 6 ingredients and ready in 10 minutes! It can also easily be adjusted from a syrup to a homemade caramel sauce! Whether you want to drizzle it on your ice cream or over a stack of pancakes this corn syrup free recipe is honestly the best!
Why Choose This Recipe
- This is the easiest recipe, only 6 simple ingredients and ready in just 10 minutes!
- The perfect homemade syrup for waffles! French Toast! Pancakes! Vanilla Ice Cream or even to add a little something to coffee drinks!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Evaporated Milk - Whole milk or half and half can be substituted. If you want a thicker caramel sauce then substitute heavy cream for the evaporated milk.
- Butter - Both salted butter and unsalted butter work fine.
- Salt - For an extra salted caramel flavor add an extra pinch of salt or two!
Step by Step Instructions
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat bring the 1 cup butter, 2 cups brown sugar, 3 tablespoon water and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes stirring here and there while the sugar dissolves, with a whisk or a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the tablespoon vanilla extract and ¾ cup evaporated milk.
- Be warned, it will hiss and spit quite a bit at first.
- Pour hot caramel syrup into a glass jar or syrup container.
- Drizzle this warm syrup over your favorite desserts as well as you favorite breakfast recipes!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat carefully in the microwave!
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
To make this a thick sauce replace the ¾ cup of evaporated milk with ¾ cup of heavy cream.
My favorite is a Cinnamon Swirl French Toast. If you love the chunky french toast with caramel from Kneaders you will love that recipe. It is a million times better! This is also great over ice cream like Toasted Almond Ice Cream! And have you ever tried drizzling caramel syrup over your apple pie? Many even like to use it as a caramel coffee syrup!
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!Print
Best Caramel Syrup Recipe
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 3 Cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: American
There are so many uses for this syrup! Only 6 ingredients and ready in 10 minutes! It can also easily be adjusted from a syrup to a sauce! Whether you want to drizzle it on your ice cream or over a stack of pancakes this corn syrup free recipe is honestly the best!
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbs. Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Tbs Vanilla
- In a pot over medium heat bring the butter, brown sugar, water and salt to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes while stirring here and there.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the evaporated milk and vanilla.
- The caramel syrup will hiss and spit quite a bit at first.
- Serve hot or cool and use.
- Store in a syrup jar or mason jar in the fridge.
- For a thick caramel sauce substitute heavy cream for the evaporated milk.
- This caramel syrup can be reheated in the microwave and is good for 3-4 weeks in the fridge.
Keywords: caramel syrup, caramel sauce, caramel sauce without corn syrup
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!
Any nutritional analysis on this Site is based on an estimate, calculated by Nurtifox plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
I’m looking for a Carmel sauce recipe I can can, is this recipe safe to can or water bath ?
I would check with your local extension for sure but my understanding is that the lack of acidity in dairy makes home canning unsafe in a water bath when milks are present. The danger is botulism. I believe your local canning extension can direct you in how to possibly pressure can it though.
Wow this was so easy to make and my entire family loved it, huge hit! I liked that it called for evaporated milk because I keep that on hand and could make it on a whim!
Love the caramel flavor it adds to my pancakes. Love it!!!