If you are looking for a simple Christmas cookie that is sure to disappear quickly, then these oatmeal nut rolled raspberry thumbprint cookies are for you!
I wanted to republish one our holiday family favorites today! I usually make double batches these oatmeal nut rolled raspberry thumbprint cookies a minimum of 4 times throughout December. I made a single batch yesterday and my kids have already told me I didn’t make enough. This is a really simple cookie to make and it is a great one to have kids help make. My kids have enjoyed rolling the dough balls in the nuts and using their thumbs to make the “thumbprint” in the middle. Give them a try and watch them disappear quickly!
Preheat your oven, prepare your baking sheets and mix up the cookie dough. Just a word about the nuts for these cookies. I use half pecan chips and half finely chopped up slivered almonds. I prefer the taste of using both opposed to just one or the others. I use my food processor to chop up the almonds to match the size of the pecan chips. I also like to use a pie plate as my shallow dish for rolling the cookie dough balls through the nuts.
After you roll the dough balls through the nuts, place them on your prepared baking sheets. You can either use your thumb to make the indent in the centers of the cookies or you can use the backside of a 1 tsp size measuring spoon. That is typically what I do. Then fill up the indent with seedless Raspberry Jam. Bake these at 350 for 12-15 minutes.Print
If you are looking for a simple Christmas cookie that is sure to disappear quickly then these oatmeal nut rolled raspberry thumbprints are for you!
- 1 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped Pecans
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped Almond Slivers
- 2/3 Cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Preheat the oven 350 and spray your baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir in the oatmeal and flour.
- Place the chopped nuts in a shallow dish and roll tablespoonfuls of dough through them until the cookie dough is completely coated in nuts. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets.
- Using your thumb or the back of a 1 tsp measuring spoon, make an indent in each cookie. Fill each indent with jam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
Keywords: thumbprint cookies, christmas cookies
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating above and a comment below!
Other recipes I know you’ll love!
Don’t forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!
ANY NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS ON THIS SITE IS BASED ON AN ESTIMATE, CALCULATED BY NURTIFOX PLUGIN (OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOURCE) FROM THE INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS IN EACH RECIPE. VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS, INCLUDING PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND FOOD PREPARATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION.