This post contains affiliate links. You can find my disclosure policy here.
My favorite almond sugar cookies are easy, roll out, cut out sugar cookies! They are delicious with frosting, decorated with icing or topped with sprinkles!
I’m excited to share my recipe for my favorite almond sugar cookies today! I’m a little bit particular about sugar cookies. I don’t care for the super sweet, thick, cakey sugar cookies. I also think that a sugar cookie shouldn’t depend on the frosting for flavor. The cookie itself should be able to stand alone. I found this almond sugar cookie recipe in a magazine nearly 20 years ago. It immediately became my go to sugar cookie recipe. It’s flavor is perfect. The dough rolls out nicely and the cut outs hold their shape without spreading. My kids love decorating these sugar cookies with icing or frosting and sprinkles! They are great for any holiday or occasion!
This is an easy cookie dough to mix up. The main differences between this sugar cookie recipe and most others is that I use powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar. This cookie dough does need to refrigerate for at least an hour before rolling it out. It may seem a little sticky at first, but just roll it out on a floured counter top and sprinkle a little flour on the top of the dough so your rolling pin doesn’t stick. Roll your dough out to 1/4 inch thick and cut out with cookie cutters of your choice. If you would rather sprinkle the cookies with sanding sugar instead of frosting them, sprinkle them before baking.
Bake the cookies on a lightly greased baking sheet or a parchment lined baking sheet at 375 for 8-10 minutes. The cookies should not brown on the tops. You should only see a little golden browning on the very bottom edges. Don’t overcook or you will have crispy sugar cookies instead of soft ones. Cool cookies completely before frosting. These cookies need to be frosted and sit overnight to get really soft. Need an amazing frosting recipe? Click on over to get The Best Buttercream Frosting recipe to frost your cookies with!
Have you tried this recipe? Leave me a rating and a comment below!
Other recipes I know you’ll love!
Don’t forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!
Favorite almond sugar cookies are truly my favorite! These easy roll out sugar cookies are delicious frosting or topped with sprinkles!
Almond Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 Cups Butter (room temp.)
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 5 Cups Flour
For the cookie dough:
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and almond extracts.
- Stir in the flour. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare baking sheets by either lining them with parchment paper or spraying them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll the cookie dough out on a floured surface. The dough may be a little sticky at first, just sprinkle the top of the dough so the rolling pin doesn’t stick. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut out in desired shapes. If you are going to sprinkle the cookies with sanding sugar instead of frosting, do so before baking.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Larger cookies may take longer. The cookies shouldn’t brown except for on the very bottom edges very lightly. Cool cookies completely before frosting.
These sugar cookies are delicious the first day, but are absolutely perfect after sitting overnight.
Keywords: Sugar Cookies
A few products I personally use and love!
Any nutritional analysis on this Site is based on an estimate, calculated by Nurtifox plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
Last Updated on