Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you! These easy turtle pretzels, aka rolo turtle pretzels, are absolutely amazing! It's always good to have easy treats that kids can make almost entirely on their own! Plus, they're addictingly delicious!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- These are seriously the easiest treats to make with the whole family and have the best flavor combo!
- Um...sweet caramel chocolate rolo candy and crunchy pecans on a salty pretzel? Yes, Please!
- These make the perfect holiday treats to give as neighbor gifts or to take to share at a holiday party!
- Pecans - I like to use pecan chips; however, you could put a pecan half on top of each pretzel or use coarsely chopped pretzels instead of topping with square pretzels if you prefer.
- Rolos - You'll need any many rolo candies as you want turtle candies. So if you want 30 total rolo pretzel treats, you'll need 30 rolos. I usually pick up the 2-pound bag because we like it a lot.
- Pretzels - I always use the square grid pretzels. The mini pretzels are too small, and the melted chocolate leaks through the holes of the twist pretzels too much, in my opinion. You need twice as many grid pretzels as rolos unless you're going to top them with pecan halves instead.
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet or cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place pretzels in a single layer across the bottom of the baking sheet. They don't need much space between each pretzel. Just a tiny little bit.
- Unwrap each rolo and place one in the center of each pretzel.
- Carefully place the pan in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- The chocolate will look shiny and melted but shouldn't be melted rolos puddles.
- Sprinkle with pecan chips and lightly press a grid pretzel on the top of each rolo.
- If you would rather, you can press a pecan half onto the top of each rolo instead.
- Cool to room temperature.
- If you want them to cool faster, feel free to put the pan in a cool place.
- Store these easy turtle pretzels in an airtight container to munch on during the holidays!
Yes, just microwave for small amounts of time and check in between so you don't overheat the rolos.
If stored in an airtight container, this holiday candy is good for weeks.
Related Candy Recipes
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Easy Turtle Pretzels Recipe
- Square Grid Pretzels
- Pecan Chips
- I have not added measurements for this recipe because the amount of easy turtle pretzels will depend on how many Rolos you have.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap the rolos.
- Lay out as many pretzels as you have Rolos across the baking sheet.
- Unwrap the rolos.
- Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Rolo.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pecan chips onto the melty Rolos and top with an additional pretzel.
- Cool and eat!
- You can top each rolo with a pecan half instead of another pretzel.
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!