Caramel krispy treats are unbelievably delicious. You won’t be able to just eat one. Their mouthwatering, caramel-y goodness is irresistible!
Continuing with the sharing of favorite family recipes this month, I would like to share a recipe from my husband’s family. His family has been making these caramel krispy treats for years and if you try them you will definitely see why. They are soooooo good. The gooey, caramel-y deliciousness is addictive and you won’t be able to eat just one. Caramel krispy treats take about 15 minutes from start to in the mouth. Awesome, right! So thank you Taylor family for sharing and letting me share this amazing recipe!
For other delicious Christmas recipes try my Favorite Almond Sugar Cookies, or my 3 Simple Christmas Treats! Don’t forget to subscribe and keep up with my newest recipes by following me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram!
In a medium pot, bring the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes and stir in the sweetened condensed milk. Pour over 13 cups (a 13 oz. box) of Rice Krispies and mix well. Using name brand Rice Krispies is an absolute must for these. I’ve tried many different kinds of off brands of krispies and they all get a bit soggy.
Spread out some sheets of wax paper. I scoop and portion these out by the 1/8 cup. I take an 1/8 cup measuring cup and spray it lightly with some non-stick cooking spray. Scoop up some of the caramel krispies and press the measuring cup against the side of the bowl to pack it together. Dump it onto the wax paper to cool and set.
Store these in layers between sheets of wax paper. Just cover the top lightly with saran wrap or just set the lid on the container without snapping it shut. Caramel krispies need a little bit of air flow or they with become sticky and soggy.Print
Caramel Krispy Treats
Caramel krispy treats are unbelievably delicious. You won’t be able to just eat one. Their mouthwatering, caramel-y goodness is irresistible! Makes about 75 1/8 cup sized portions.
- Category: Dessert
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 (14 oz) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 13 Cups Rice Krispies (one 13 oz box)
- Spread sheets of wax paper across a table or countertop. Lightly spray a 1/8 size measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Measure out the rice krispies into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour over the krispies and mix until all the krispies are well coated.
- Scoop out the caramel krispies by the 1/8 cup full, pressing the measuring cup against the inside of the bowl to pack them in a bit.
- Dump onto the wax paper. Allow to cool and set.
- Store these in layers between sheets of wax paper. Just cover the top lightly with saran wrap or just set the lid on the container without snapping it shut. Caramel krispies need a little bit of air flow or they with become sticky and soggy.
Name brand Rice Krispies are best. Off brands tend to become soggy.