No Peanut Butter! No Coconut! Just moist chocolate no bake cookies to help you beat the summer heat! These cookies will disappear as fast as you make them! PS...these are my favorite cookies when peanut allergies are a concern!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Know someone with a peanut allergy? These yummy cookies are perfect for them!
- No peanut butter or any type of nut butter!
- No Coconut! Just perfectly moist chocolate flavor!
- Perfect summertime dessert!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Cocoa - Ghirardelli brand is my preference but you can use the brand of your choice.
- Olive Oil - Canola oil or coconut oil may be substituted.
- Butter - I used salted butter. If you're using unsalted butter increase the amount of salt the recipe calls for by ½ tsp.
- Oatmeal - This recipe calls for quick cooking oatmeal which is not the same as instant oatmeal. If all you have are rolled oats or old fashioned oats just pulse them in a food processor or blender until the pieces are small like quick oats.
- Sugar - Just regular white sugar.
Couple Things You'll Need
Step by Step Instructions
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.
- Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Stir in the salt, vanilla extract and olive oil into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir the oatmeal into the pot and let the no bake cookie batter sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before scooping out.
- Lay out a layer of wax paper or parchment paper on the countertop or across a cookie sheet if you prefer.
- Scoop the "cookie dough" onto the wax paper into little mounds to set up.
- I use a medium or #40 cookie scoop.
- Let the cookies cool and set up before eating.
- Store in an airtight container.
The moistness of regular no bake cookies comes from the natural nut oil in the peanut butter. For these cookies to be moist we need to substitute something for that nut oil. So we use olive oil in place of peanut butter.
Related Cookie Recipes
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!Print
Chocolate No Bake Cookies Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen 1x
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
No Peanut Butter! No Coconut! Just moist chocolate no bake cookies to help you beat the summer heat! These cookies will disappear as fast as you make them!
- 2 cups Sugar
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Butter (1 Stick)
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs. +1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 3 cups quick cooking Oatmeal
- Measure the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk into a medium saucepot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt, vanilla, and olive oil.
- Stir in the oatmeal and let the cookie mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper on the countertop.
- Scoop the no bake cookie batter onto the wax paper to set up and cool.
- Cool completely and eat!
- Store in an airtight container.
- Why Olive Oil? The moistness of regular no bake cookies comes from the natural nut oil in the peanut butter. For these cookies to be moist we need to substitute something for that nut oil. So we use olive oil in place of peanut butter.
Keywords: chocolate no bake cookies, chocolate no bake cookies without peanut butter, no bake chocolate cookies without peanut butter
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!
Any nutritional analysis on this Site is based on an estimate, calculated by Nurtifox plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
Do they remain soft or do they set up enough for boxing up as a gift?
Mine are really soft. Charlotte
They should set up enough to box.
My kids absolutely love these cookies! We make them often - they’re a great after school treat or dessert!
These are a great option for kiddos who aren't quite down with the texture of coconut shreds yet. Love this one!
I am not the best baker so these were perfect for me!!! Super easy and delish!
The kids gobbled these all up! These are going on regular rotation!
I love that these cookies don't need to be baked and are just as delicious! Yummy recipe!
KiMee Nicole Price
These are one of my favorite snacks!