No bake cookie butter bars are the perfect no bake dessert for those with nut allergies. This amazing treat is nut and peanut free!
Have you tried cookie butter? I’m warning you it is highly addictive! Cookie butter is ground up speculoos cookies mixed with butter, sugar and flour to make a spreadable concoction that quite frankly I’m happy to eat out of the jar with a spoon. If you have been looking for an excuse just to try some cookie butter then this recipe is definitely for you! Since I probably shouldn’t just eat cookie butter from the jar I decided to come up with a recipe to use it in. These are quick and easy. No bake. And nut free!
Start by crushing the Nilla Wafers into fine crumbs in a food processor. Typically an 11 oz box of Nilla Wafers will give you 2 1/2 cups of crumbs. Sometimes a bit more. Add the crumbs and powdered sugar a mixing bowl. Add the cookie butter and melted butter.
Mix well until everything comes together in a uniform glob.
Press into a 9×13 pan. I like to be able to lift these out of the pan to cut them up. If you want to do that then you will need to line the pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
Melt the chocolate chips and spread the melted chocolate over the top. Chill for 1 1/2 hours before cutting and serving. Store leftovers in the fridge.
No bake cookie butter bars are the perfect no bake dessert for those with nut allergies. This amazing treat is nut and peanut free! Makes 36-48 squares
- 2 1/2 Cups Nilla Wafer Crumbs
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 1/4 Cups Cookie Butter
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- In a food processor, crush the nilla wafers into fine crumbs.
- Stir the nilla wafer crumbs and powdered sugar together.
- Melt the butter. Pour the melted butter and cookie butter it into the crumbs and powdered sugar. Mix well until it all comes together in a big glob.
- Press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. If you are wanting to lift these out to cut them, then you will need to have lined the pan with wax paper or parchment.
- Melt the chocolate chips carefully in the microwave and spread the melted chocolate over the cookie butter bars.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours. Cut into small squares. You should get 36-48 squares depending on how small you cut them.
An 11 oz. box of Nilla Wafer will give you between 2 1/2 and 3 cups of fine crumbs.
1 1/4 Cups of Cookie Butter is the same as a 14 oz jar of cookie butter.