No-bake cookie butter bars are the perfect no-bake dessert for those with nut allergies. This amazing treat is nut and peanut-free! This easy recipe only needs 5 ingredients and will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Cookie bars with that amazing cookie-cutter flavor!
- A delicious no-bake recipe for no-bake bars with NO Peanut Butter!!!!
- Cookie Butter - Cookie Butter is also known as Biscoff spread or just speculoos cookie butter. It's made from speculoos cookies.
- Nilla Wafers - I use these instead of graham crackers because the graham crackers overpowered the flavor of the cookie butter.
- Butter - I used salted butter. If using unsalted butter, add ½ teaspoon salt to the cookie butter layer.
- Chocolate Chips - You can use either milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Step by Step Instructions
- Line a 9x13 baking dish or 9x13 baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper to easily lift the entire dessert out of the pan for slicing.
- To prepare the cookie layer crush the Nilla Wafers into fine crumbs in a food processor. You can also crush them in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
- NOTE - An 11 oz box of Nilla Wafers will give you 2 ½ cups of crumbs.
- Measure the wafer crumbs and powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir to mix. This could also be quickly mixed up with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the smooth cookie butter and melted cup butter to the bowl.
- Mix very well.
- Press dough into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Melt the chocolate carefully in the microwave in a small bowl for the chocolate layer and spread over the top of the bars.
- Chill for 1 ½ hours before lifting out of the pan, cutting and serving.
- Store leftover bars in the fridge in an airtight container.
Cookie butter is a food paste made primarily from speculoos, cookie crumbs, fat, flour, and sugar. The ingredients are mixed until they become spreadable on a sandwich. In countries like Belgium, the Netherlands, and France, it is a common alternative to nut butter and chocolate spreads.
Nope! It does not! So this is a great choice for those allergic to nuts!
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
No Bake Cookie Butter Bars Recipe
- 2 ½ Cups Nilla Wafer Crumbs
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter melted
- 1 ¼ Cups Cookie Butter
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- In a food processor, crush the nilla wafers into fine crumbs.
- Stir the nilla wafer crumbs and powdered sugar together.
- Melt the butter. Pour the melted butter and cookie butter into the crumbs and powdered sugar. Mix well until it all comes together in a big glob.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. If you want to lift these out to cut them, then you will need to have lined the pan with wax paper or parchment.
- Melt the chocolate chips carefully in the microwave and spread the melted chocolate over the cookie butter bars.
- Refrigerate for 1 ½ hours. Cut into small squares. You should get 36-48 squares, depending on how small you cut them.
- An 11 oz. box of Nilla Wafer will give you between 2 ½ and 3 cups of fine crumbs.
- 1 ¼ Cups of Cookie Butter is the same as a 14 oz jar of cookie butter.
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!