Looking for an easy Christmas candy recipe? This salted holiday nut roll is easy and makes plenty to share with friends and family!
Are you looking to try a new Christmas candy this year? Why not make a homemade salted holiday nut roll? They are super easy and absolutely delicious! It comes together with just a few ingredients and makes plenty to share. You won’t need a candy thermometer or even a double boiler to make this!
In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup melt two (12 oz) bags of white chocolate chips with one can of sweetened condensed milk. Heat in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 seconds. The white chocolate chips should be hot enough to lose their shape and mix into the sweetened condensed milk. Mix the butter, salt and vanilla into the hot white chocolate mixture. It should be completely smooth.
Refrigerate the white chocolate mixture for 45-60 minutes. It should be completely cool and slightly sticky. Dump it onto a cutting board and knead a couple times and divide into 4 equal pieces.
Sprinkle your work surface with a some chopped nuts. I use the mixed ice cream chopped nuts from Walmart. Sprinkle the nuts with a little popcorn salt. I’m sure regular salt would be fine. I like the popcorn salt because it is really fine. Take a piece of the white chocolate center and shape it into a stubby, short log. As you roll the nut roll will lengthen. Roll it through the nuts until the outside in covered in nuts.
My salted holiday nut rolls ended up being about as big around as a quarter and roughly 10 inches long. Wrap in wax paper and chill for 2 hours. Slice and enjoy!
Salted Holiday Nut Roll
Looking for an easy Christmas candy recipe? This salted holiday nut roll is easy and makes plenty to share with friends and family! Makes four 10 inches nut rolls
- Category: Candy
- 1 (14 oz) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 (12 oz) Bags White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Tbs. Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 (4 oz) Bags Dessert Topping Mixed Nuts ((Look by the ice cream toppings))
- Popcorn Salt
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, heat the white chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk until the chocolate chips no longer hold their shape and mix smoothly into the sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix the butter, salt and vanilla into the white chocolate mixture. Chill in the fridge for 45-60 minutes.
- The mixture should be completely cool but still a bit sticky. Dump the mixture out onto a cutting board and knead a couple times. Divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Generously sprinkle your work surface with some of the chopped nuts. Sprinkle the nuts lightly with the popcorn salt.
- Shape one of the portions of the white chocolate center into a stubby, short log. It will lengthen as you roll it through the nuts. Roll the log back and forth until it is coated with the nuts.
- The finished nut roll should be about as big around as a quarter and roughly 10 inches long. Wrap in wax paper and chill for 2 hours.
- Slice and enjoy!
You can use regular salt instead of popcorn salt. I like the popcorn salt because it is finer.