Check out these Pumpkin Waffles! If you're a pumpkin recipe junkie then you need these in your life drizzled with syrup and topped with whipped cream!
This recipe was first featured on The Salty Marshmallow!
With the cooler weather finally being here, out come the fall recipes! Pumpkin recipes top most people's lists to add to their menus and breakfast is no exception. I didn't think my kids were going to go for pumpkin waffles because, well... for any number of irrational reasons really but they loved them! I tweaked my Buttermilk Pancakes recipe to make these and drizzled them with our favorite Cinnamon Cream Syrup! They also would have been delicious with my Pumpkin Pie Syrup and whipped cream!
How do you make pumpkin waffles?
- Preheat your waffle iron. The one I used for this recipe makes 4-inch square waffles.
- Get out a large mixing bowl and whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients and the pumpkin puree. Mix well. This batter is pretty thick and fluffy.
- Cook your waffles according to your waffle iron's manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve hot with syrup!
Frequently asked questions:
Could I use this recipe to be made into pancakes instead?
Yes, make the batter as instructed but cook it on a preheated griddle instead!
What should I serve with my waffles?
Any kind of syrup other than berry syrups go really well on these! Add some eggs, bacon or sausage on the side and you'll be set!
Can I freeze some pumpkin waffles for later?
Sure! Just make sure they are completely cool before wrapping them in saran wrap, packing them in a ziploc bag and putting them in your freezer!
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and comment below!
And don't forget to subscribe to get my recipes sent right to your email!
Pumpkin Waffles Recipes
- 1 ¾ Cup Flour
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- ¾ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 ¼ Cup Buttermilk
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice together.
- Pour in the melted butter, egg, pumpkin puree, and buttermilk. Mix well. This is a thick, fluffy batter.
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle iron's manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve hot with syrup or top with whipped cream!