This from scratch, delicious turkey salad sandwich recipe can be ready to eat in 10 minutes! Fill croissants or rolls with this filling for an easy meal without heating up your kitchen!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Great recipe because the filling can be made ahead.
- Perfect way to keep your kitchen cool and have dinner ready in 10 minutes!
- A simple recipe for a summer dinner or a quick lunch!
- You can also use thanksgiving turkey leftovers!
- This filling can be wrapped in lettuce for gluten free lettuce wraps!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Deli Turkey - I like the smoked turkey breast thinly sliced. Could you use leftover thanksgiving turkey? Sure!
- Bacon - You can crisp and crumble you own or just use a bag of crumbled bacon pieces.
- Green Onions - You can substitute red onions for a stronger onion flavor.
- Mayo - Doesn't matter if you use regular mayo or light mayonnaise. Miracle whip or plain greek yogurt can be substituted for the half cup mayonnaise.
- Croissants - You can substitute bread slices of the bread type according to your own preference.
Step by Step Instructions
- Chop up the turkey in small pieces and put it in a large bowl.
- Add the shredded swiss cheese, crisped and crumbled bacon, and sliced green onions.
- Add the peas. They can be frozen or thawed. I usually just add them frozen because they thaw quickly.
- Add Mayo and mix well.
- Slice your croissants in half.
- Fill each croissant with turkey salad filling and top with sliced lettuce.
- If making the filling ahead of time store it in the fridge in an airtight container.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
I recommend using this turkey salad within 2-3 days as long as it has been refrigerated properly.
Yes, the filling can be prepared up to a day ahead but don't assemble the sandwiches or add the lettuce until you're ready to serve and eat them to avoid sogginess.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram!Print
This from scratch turkey salad recipe can be ready to eat in 10 minutes! Fill croissants or rolls with this filling for an easy meal without heating up your kitchen!
- 9 oz Deli Turkey (I buy the Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Package you find in the lunch meat section)
- ½ lb Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- ½ cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- ⅓ cup Frozen Peas
- 2-3 Green Onions (sliced thinly)
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded Lettuce (Any kind of lettuce works here)
- 12-14 in Cocktail Size Croissants (split in half)
- Chop up the turkey in small pieces.
- Mix it in a bowl with the bacon, swiss cheese, peas, green onions, and mayo.
- Don't mix in the lettuce yet, unless you intend to serve this soon because the lettuce will get soggy.
- At this point you can either make the sandwiches and serve them immediately, or cover and refrigerate the sandwich filling until you are ready.
- When you make and serve the sandwiches you can either mix the lettuce in with the sandwich filling or put it on top of the sandwich filling after it's been put in the croissant. Fill each croissant with a heaping spoonful of filling and enjoy!
Keywords: croissant sandwich, turkey salad recipe, turkey salad sandwich
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!
Any nutritional analysis on this Site is based on an estimate, calculated by Nurtifox plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.