When the weather warms up, sandwiches are a dinner time go to meal for hot days! Shake things up with this flavorful mix of chicken, bacon, green onions, sweet grapes and more on a buttery croissant! Ready in 15 minutes and can be made a full day ahead of time!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Great party food for wedding showers, baby showers and other events!
- This easy recipe is ready in 15 minutes!
- Great way to use up leftover chicken that keeps your kitchen cool!
- Can be prepared a full day ahead just like these Turkey Salad Croissants!
- Bacon - crisp and crumble your own or use packaged bacon crumbles!
- Grapes - I prefer red grapes but green grapes can be used as well.
- Chicken - You could use leftover rotisserie chicken or baked chicken breasts.
- Green Onions - Red onions could be substituted for the green onions.
- Peas - Fresh green peas or frozen peas work.
- Lemon Juice - You can use fresh or bottled lemon juice.
- Croissants - You'll need 6-8 regular croissants or 14-16 mini croissants.
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix up the tangy dressing part of the sandwich filling first.
- Measure the mayo, ginger, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Get out a cutting board to slice, dice and chop up the chicken, celery, green onions and grapes.
- Add the chopped cooked chicken, crisped and crumbled bacon, crunchy celery, green onions...
- ....peas and cut grapes to a large bowl.
- Mix well and feel free to season with a little salt and black pepper if you would like.
- You can prepare the croissant sandwiches and serve immediately or you can store the filling in the fridge a day before you plan to use it. I personally like to make mine at least a few hours ahead of time to allow the flavors to blend.
- However, DO NOT fill the croissants ahead of time because they will get soggy.
- Cut the croissants in half and spoon chicken salad filling onto each flaky croissant!
- Store leftover chicken salad in an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
Salads like Layered Green Salad or Pistachio Salad are perfect! And don't forget the drinks! Have you seen this Mixed Fruit Punch?
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!Print
Tasty Chicken Salad Croissants Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 Servings 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
When the weather gets hot, sandwiches are a dinner time go to meal! Shake things up with this flavorful mix of chicken, bacon, green onions and more! Ready in 15 minutes and can be made a full day ahead of time!!
- 6-8 Regular Sized Croissants ((or 14-16 Cocktail Size))
- 2 ½ cups Cooked, cubed Chicken
- ½ lb. Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- 2 Stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Red Grapes, halved
- ½ cup Frozen Peas
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, ginger, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix in the chicken, bacon, celery, green onions, and grapes.
- Slice the croissants in half, fill with the chicken salad filling and serve OR refrigerate the filling until you're ready to use.
- DO NOT fill the croissants ahead of time because they will get soggy.
- You can however, prepare the filling up to a day ahead and store it in your fridge. I personally prefer to allow the filling a few hours in the fridge to blend the flavors.
Keywords: chicken salad croissant, chicken salad sandwich
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!
Any nutritional analysis on this Site is based on an estimate, calculated by Nurtifox plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.