When the weather gets hot, sandwiches are a dinner time go to meal! Shake things up with this flavorful mix of chicken, bacon, green onions and more! Ready in 15 minutes and can be made a full day ahead of time!
Why Choose This Recipe
- Ready in 15 minutes!
- Keeps your kitchen cool!
- Can be prepared a full day ahead just like these Turkey Salad Croissants!
- Bacon - crisp and crumble your own or use packaged bacon crumbles!
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix up the dressing part of the sandwich filling first.
- Measure the mayo, ginger, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add the cooked chopped chicken, crisped and crumbled bacon, celery, green onions...
- ....peas and cut grapes.
- Mix well.
- You can prepare the croissant sandwiches and serve immediately or you can store the filling in the fridge a day before you plan to use it. I personally like to make mine at least a few hours ahead of time to allow the flavors to blend.
- However, DO NOT fill the croissants ahead of time because they will get soggy.
- Cut the croissants in half and spoon chicken salad filling into them.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!Print
When the weather gets hot, sandwiches are a dinner time go to meal! Shake things up with this flavorful mix of chicken, bacon, green onions and more! Ready in 15 minutes and can be made a full day ahead of time!!
- 6-8 Regular Sized Croissants ((or 14-16 Cocktail Size))
- 2 ½ Cups Cooked, cubed Chicken
- ½ lb. Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- 2 Stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Red Grapes, halved
- ¾ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, ginger, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix in the chicken, bacon, celery, green onions, and grapes.
- Slice the croissants in half, fill with the chicken salad filling and serve OR refrigerate the filling until you're ready to use.
- DO NOT fill the croissants ahead of time because they will get soggy.
- You can however, prepare the filling up to a day ahead and store it in your fridge. I personally prefer to allow the filling a few hours in the fridge to blend the flavors.
Keywords: chicken salad croissant, chicken salad sandwich
Any nutritional analysis on this Site is based on an estimate, calculated by Nurtifox plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.