Whether you're looking for an easy appetizer for a holiday party or sandwich wraps for a quick lunch these ham roll ups are exactly what you're looking for! This classic combination of ham and cheese doesn't take much effort or time to prepare! You can even make these ham and cheese tortilla wraps in the morning to pop in the oven later!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Makes an easy party appetizer or game day food!
- An easy recipe for a busy weeknight meal too!
- Something different from the typical pinwheel appetizers with the cream cheese mixture!
- Roasted Red Peppers - if you have picky kids (I do!) just omit these.
- Pizza Sauce - You can make you own Pizza Sauce or Marinara Sauce or purchase is from the store!
- Tortillas - Corn tortillas don't work well for this recipe. You can use just about any variety of soft flour tortillas though. Wheat whole, spinach, tomato, etc... all are great!
- Swiss Cheese - Can you use different cheeses? Provolone and other white cheeses are great to mix and match. Cheddar cheese tends to overpower the other flavors.
- Ham - I use deli ham sliced into thin slices or high quality lunchmeat ham slices. Any kind of ham works...black forest ham, smoky ham, honey ham, etc...Just remember you need thin slices because thick slices are hard to roll.
How to Make
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet or dish with tin foil and lightly spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay out the tortillas on your countertop. It's easiest to lay them all out and put them together all at once than one at a time.
- Lay single slices of deli sliced ham down the center of the tortilla only overlapping a little.
- Lay slices of swiss or provolone cheese on top.
- Place roasted red peppers down the center of the cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas and place them seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. (Yes, the red peppers may try to sneak out on you, just push them back in.)
- Brush the tops of the tortilla wraps with olive oil and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The tops should be golden brown and the cheese inside the wraps melted.
- Cool slightly before eating.
- We like to cut them in half for easier dipping.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
- An air fryer is ideal for reheating these.
Recipe FAQs and Tips
Yes, I've often rolled these up in the morning so all I need to do is brush them with the olive oil, sprinkle them with the parm and pop them in the oven.
If red sauce isn't your thing try some dijon mustard or ranch dressing as alternative dipping sauces!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!Print
Whether you're looking for an easy appetizer for a holiday party or a sandwich wrap for a quick lunch these ham roll ups are exactly what you're looking for! This classic combination of ham and cheese doesn't take much effort or time to prepare! You can even make them in the morning to pop in the oven later!
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- ½ lb thinly sliced Black Forest Deli Ham
- 12 slices Provolone or Swiss Cheese
- 1 (12 oz) Jar Sliced Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- ¼-½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Pizza Sauce or Marinara for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a small baking sheet with tin foil and lightly spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay out the 6 tortillas.
- Layer single slices of deli ham down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with two slices of provolone or swiss.
- Add some roasted red peppers in a line down the cheese.
- Roll them up and place them seam down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the olive oil on the tops and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the parmesan is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Cool slightly and serve with pizza sauce or marinara for dipping.
- You could also dip these in ranch dressing.
- Corn tortillas don't work well but any variety(whole wheat, spinach, etc.) of flour tortillas are great!
- You can roll these up in the morning so you just have to brush on the olive oil and sprinkle with the parm before popping them in the oven in the evening.
Keywords: ham and cheese tortilla roll ups, ham and cheese wraps, baked ham and cheese roll ups
Mindee's Cooking Obsession is a positive place and I love to hear your success stories! Remember to keep comments or questions respectful and kind. I reserve the right to delete or reject any comments that are deemed not helpful to other readers or are offensive in nature.
Comments suggesting substitutions of multiple ingredients or rewrites of the above recipe to promote different dietary preferences will not be published as they are not tested for accuracy and may inhibit the success of other readers. Thanks!