Can't choose between a chicken Caesar salad and a pasta salad for dinner? Now you don't have to! This pasta salad with creamy Caesar dressing is loaded with juicy chicken, veggie rotini, lettuce and lots of healthy vegetables! Let me show you how to make this easy dinner recipe is perfect for those hot summer nights too!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Better than a suddenly salad pasta because it's from scratch and made from fresh, healthy ingredients!
- One of my favorite salads for hot summer nights or an easy weeknight dinner!
- Great main dish that goes really well with hot Breadsticks!
- Rotini Pasta - I like to use "veggie" rotini but any kind of rotini will work just as well. You could also substitute bowtie pasta (farfalle) , penne or ditalini if you prefer.
- Chicken - You can use grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken for this recipe to add extra flavor. I typically just baked and chop up some boneless skinless chicken breasts to use. Tuna could be substituted for the chicken.
- Romaine - If you're intimated by cutting a head of romaine check out this How To Cut Romaine Lettuce for some great visual instructions.
- Caesar Dressing - I love love love Brianna's Asiago Caesar Dressing but you could make your own Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing if you would like.
- Lettuces - You'll need a head of iceberg lettuce and a head of crisp romaine lettuce. You could also add spinach to your lettuces!
- Peas- Both fresh and frozen are fine. If frozen you don't need to thaw them first because they thaw pretty quickly once mixed in with the lettuce.
- Croutons - I typically use garlic croutons but any crispy croutons will do. If you want to make your own croutons check out this recipe for Homemade Croutons.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Cook the veggie rotini according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- While the pasta is cooking chop up the crisp lettuce and other ingredients.
- Put the chopped and washed lettuces in a large bowl.
- Top with the chopped red onion, frozen peas (no need to thaw), chopped up cooked chicken...
- ...chopped avocado chunks, cooked, drained and cooled pasta.
- Toss all to distribute.
- Pour the Caesar dressing (I always use Brianna's Asiago Caesar dressing) over the lettuce mix.
- Toss to coat well with the dressing.
- Divide up among 4 dinner plates or low bowls.
- Top with hard boiled eggs, peas, avocados, parmesan cheese and croutons!!!
- Devour immediately!
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
You can omit the croutons altogether or you could trade them out for some Crispy Chickpeas!
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Can't choose between a chicken Caesar salad and a pasta Caesar salad for dinner? Now you don't have to! This pasta salad with Caesar dressing is loaded with chicken, veggie rotini, lettuce and lots of healthy vegetables! Let me show you how to make this easy dinner recipe is perfect for those hot summer nights too!
- 1 (12 oz) box Veggie Rotini
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce
- ½ Head Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 cups Cooked, chopped up chicken
- ½ cup chopped Red Onion
- 1 (12 oz.) Bottle Brianna's Asiago Caesar Dressing
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Frozen Peas, thawed
- 2 Avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped up
- 1 cup Parmesan
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse with cold water until completely cooled.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop up, rinse and spin the romaine and iceberg lettuces.
- Put lettuces in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooled pasta, chopped up chicken, peas, avocado chunks and chopped red onion, to the lettuces. Toss to mix.
- Add the Asiago Caesar Dressing and toss to mix.
- Divide salad up amongst 4 dinner plates or low bowls.
- Top each salad with chopped up hard boiled eggs, and extra avocado slices if you wish.
- Sprinkle the salads with parmesan and croutons!
- Serve immediately!
- Spinach can be added to the lettuces if you choose.
- Any kind of rotini works here. You can even sub penne or bow tie pasta as well.
Keywords: chicken pasta caesar salad, pasta caesar salad, pasta salad with chicken, caesar salad with chicken
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!
ANY NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS ON THIS SITE IS BASED ON AN ESTIMATE, CALCULATED BY NURTIFOX PLUGIN (OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOURCE) FROM THE INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS IN EACH RECIPE. VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS, INCLUDING PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND FOOD PREPARATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION.