Homemade dressings just taste better! With just 7 ingredients and 5 minutes or less, you can be drizzling this sweet but tangy homemade poppy seed dressing over fresh greens or fruit! Quick, easy, and made from scratch!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Just 7 simple ingredients and a few simple steps!
- Only takes 5 minutes to whip up this yummy dressing with its tangy flavor!
- Delicious on summer salads full of leafy greens or on a fresh fruit salad!
- Ground Mustard - This recipe calls for dry mustard, but if you're in a pinch, you can just add a squirt of regular mustard or Dijon mustard instead.
- Olive Oil - Canola oil, vegetable oil, or coconut oil can be substituted.
- White Vinegar - Apple cider vinegar can be substituted, but it may alter the flavor slightly.
- Sugar - Swerve's white sugar substitute can be used in place of sugar.
Step by Step Instructions
- Measure the white sugar, ground mustard, onion powder, and poppy seeds into a deep bowl or a 2-cup glass measuring cup.
- Add the vinegar and olive oil.
- Whisk very, very well.
- Drizzle on green salads or fresh fruit.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container like a mason jar.
- This creamy dressing does separate in the fridge. Just remix or shake well to redistribute the dressing before using.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
Up to 2 weeks as long as it's stored in the fridge.
Nope, no need to toast them.
Recipe to go with Poppy Seed Dressing
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Poppy Seed Dressing
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 ½ Tbs Poppy Seeds
- ⅓ Cup Vinegar
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- Whisk all of the ingredients together! That's it!
- Store in the fridge.
- This dressing does separate in the fridge but just stir it up good to use.
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!