Homemade dressings just taste better! With just 7 ingredients and 5 minutes or less you can be drizzling this sweet but tangy homemade poppy seed dressing over fresh greens or fruit! Quick, easy, and made from scratch!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Just 7 simple ingredients and a few simple steps!
- Only takes 5 minutes to whip up this yummy dressing with it's tangy flavor!
- Delicious on summer salads full of leafy greens or on a fresh fruit salad!
- Ground Mustard - This recipe calls for dry mustard but if you're in a pinch you can just add a squirt of regular mustard or dijon mustard instead.
- Olive Oil - Canola oil, vegetable oil or coconut oil can be substituted.
- White Vinegar - Apple cider vinegar can be substituted but it may alter the flavor slightly.
- Sugar - Swerve's white sugar substitute can be used in place of sugar.
Couple Things You'll Need
Step by Step Instructions
- Measure the white sugar, ground mustard, onion powder and poppy seeds into a deep bowl or a 2 cup glass measuring cup.
- Add the vinegar and olive oil.
- Whisk very, very well.
- Drizzle on green salads or fresh fruit.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container like a mason jar.
- This creamy dressing does separate in the fridge. Just remix or shake well to redistribute the dressing before using.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
Up to 2 weeks as long as it's stored in the fridge.
Nope, no need to toast them.
Recipe to go with Poppy Seed Dressing
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!Print
Poppy Seed Dressing
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 ½ Cups 1x
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
With just 7 ingredients and 5 minutes or less you can be drizzling this sweet but tangy salad dressing over fresh greens or fruit! Quick, easy, and made from scratch!
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 ½ Tbs Poppy Seeds
- ⅓ cup Vinegar
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- Whisk all of the ingredients together! That's it!
- Store in the fridge.
- This dressing does separate in the fridge but just stir it up good to use.
Keywords: poppy seed salad dressing, brianna's poppy seed dressing, poppy seed dressing recipe, homemade poppy seed dressing
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!
Any nutritional analysis on this Site is based on an estimate, calculated by Nurtifox plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.