Slow cooker chicken alfredo is a simple, low-effort slow cooker recipe! Serve some of this creamy alfredo with shredded chicken tonight!
With the chilly fall weather, out comes the slow cooker recipes! This Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo is so easy to prepare and only requires a handful of ingredients. You are going to want to make this tasty dish for dinner! And remember...slow cookers aren't just for dinner. Slow cookers make delicious desserts like Slow Cooker Brownies or Slow Cooker Cobbler, too!
How to make this Chicken Alfredo:
- I like to line my crockpot with those handy slow cooker liners. It makes the cleanup so much easier. If you're not using a liner, make sure to spray your slow cooker with some cooking spray.
- Place your chicken breast halves in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Sprinkle them with the Italian dressing mix and drizzle with the water.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken from the crockpot and shred it with two forks.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, and garlic to the liquid remaining in the crockpot. Whisk together until mostly smooth. There will probably still be some chunks of cream cheese floating around, but that's okay.
- Stir the chicken into the sauce. Cook on low for an additional hour.
- After that hour, cook the linguine according to package directions.
- While the linguine is cooking, thin down the chicken alfredo with milk to the desired consistency. This is a thicker-than-usual sauce, so don't overdo it. Serve over the linguine!
Frequently asked questions:
What should I serve with chicken alfredo?
We like breadsticks, French Bread or a big green salad!
Can you freeze chicken alfredo?
You can! However, I recommend that you only freeze the chicken alfredo sauce and make your pasta fresh when you're ready to eat it. Before freezing the sauce in a freezer-safe container, make sure it is completely chilled. Eat within 6 months.
Here are a few more slow cooker recipes that I recommend:
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo
- 4 pcs chicken breasts Boneless skinless (cut in half)
- 1 package Dry Italian Dressing Mix
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 8 oz Cream Cheese 8 oz package
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 12 oz Linguine
- Milk amount will vary depending on how thick or thin you want the sauce
- Either spray a crockpot with cooking spray or line it with a slow cooker liner. Place the chicken breast halves in the bottom.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the Italian dressing mix and drizzle with the water. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the crockpot and shred it with two forks.
- Stir in the garlic, cream, cheese, and cream of chicken soup into the liquid remaining in the crockpot. Stir in the shredded chicken and cook on low for an additional hour.
- Add enough milk to make the sauce the consistency you desire. This is a thicker sauce so don't overdo it.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Serve the chicken alfredo sauce over the linguine.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below!
And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes sent right to your email!