With cheesecake on the bottom and apple pie on the top, apple cheesecake pie is the perfect blend of two dessert favorites!
Cheesecake and pie! Yes, it's true! You can have a slice of apple pie while having some cheesecake too! Exciting, right? This is another easy pie recipe that comes together really quickly. I like that it is a little bit out of the norm as far as traditional pies go. The flavors really complement each other, and it sets up well, making it pretty to serve.
For this pie, you will need an unbaked pie shell. You can find my recipe here. Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and egg until smooth. Spread in the bottom of the pie shell.
Peel, thinly slice and chop up apples into bite-sized pieces and toss with the lemon juice, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave the apples on high for 2 minutes. The apples should be slightly soft and look like pictured above.
Evenly spread over the cheesecake. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. The center should be nearly set. Cool for 30 minutes on a cooling rack, then chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Slice and serve drizzled with icing.
Apple Cheesecake Pie
- One 9 inch Pie Shell Uncooked
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ⅓ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 2 ½ Cups Apples peeled, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ⅓ C Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon Flour
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Clear Vanilla
- 1 ½ Tbs Milk
- Prepare an uncooked pie shell in a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and egg together until smooth. Pour into the unbaked pie shell. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Apples should be slightly softened.
- Stir and pour over the cheesecake.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 -35 minutes. The center should be nearly set. Cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes, then chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- For the icing. Whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until it is smooth and drizzle over the pie or over individual slices of pie to be served.
Have you tried this recipe? Leave me a comment below and a rating above!
Other recipes I know you'll love!
Don't forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent to your email!