Turkey or chicken stuffed rolls are a tasty way to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, but also work for a quick weeknight meal!
The holidays are upon us. I wanted to update and re-share this fantastic recipe for leftover turkey or chicken. It’s quick, easy and can be made ahead. You can get them all ready to bake and refrigerate them and bake them later. That is totally a plus for me. If you aren’t big on cream of chicken soup you can also top this with chicken or turkey gravy.
Before I make the turkey or chicken filling, I open and unroll the crescent rolls so they can warm up a little bit making them easier to fold up when I’m ready. I also buy the “big” crescent rolls because they work so much better. The filling is just cream cheese, butter, chopped up turkey (or chicken) and sauteed mushrooms and green onions.
Each crescent roll needs about a 1/4 Cup of filling in it.
Fold each crescent roll shut and pinch the seams closed. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes. The crescent rolls should be golden brown. While these are cooling slightly, thin a can of cream of chicken soup with milk until it has a thick sauce consistency (it will thin out once heated). Heat carefully in the microwave and serve over the hot turkey rolls.Print
Turkey (or chicken) stuffed rolls are a tasty way to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, but also work for a quick weeknight meal!
- 2 Cans Big Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (total 16 crescent rolls)
- 3 oz . Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 Tbs . Butter (softened)
- 2 Cups chopped up cooked (Turkey or Chicken)
- 1/4 Cup sliced Green Onions
- 1 Cup finely chopped Mushrooms
- 1-2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open and unroll the crescent rolls to let them warm up a bit before trying to roll them up.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, butter, and chopped up turkey or chicken. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms in a little bit of butter or oil until they are almost done and add the green onions. Continue to saute until the mushrooms are done. Dump into the turkey or chicken mixture and mix well.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the filling on large end of each crescent roll. Fold the crescent roll over the filling and pinch the seams shut.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. The crescent rolls should be golden brown.
- Prepare the sauce while the rolls cool slightly, by thinning down the cream of chicken soup with milk until it is a thick sauce (it will thin more upon heating). Carefully heat the soup in the microwave and serve over the hot turkey rolls.
Keywords: leftover turkey, chicken, make ahead
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating above and a comment below!
Other recipes I know you’ll love!
Don’t forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!
ANY NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS ON THIS SITE IS BASED ON AN ESTIMATE, CALCULATED BY NURTIFOX PLUGIN (OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOURCE) FROM THE INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS IN EACH RECIPE. VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS, INCLUDING PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND FOOD PREPARATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION.