Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Great use for those fresh peaches!
- I will show you how to remove peach skins easily!
- Great combination of peach and cinnamon flavors!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Fresh Peaches - yes, you can sub in canned or frozen peaches if you like. Just make sure to pat off all the extra liquid with paper towels before just them.
- Sour Cream - You can sub plain greek yogurt for the sour cream, however, be aware that the setting may not set up as firm due to the lesser fat content.
How To Easily Remove Skin From Peaches
- Bring a a small but deep pot of water to a boil.
- You'll need enough boiling water to cover the entire peach.
- Place your peaches in the boiling water making sure they are completely submerged.
- A pasta spoon or utensil is the easiest way to put in and take them out of the water.
- Boil for 30-45 seconds.
- Remove the hot peaches and immediately submerge them in ice water leaving them in the ice water for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove a peach from the cold water and gently rub your thumb across the skin.
- The skin should easily slide off.
- Cut the skinless peaches in half and remove the pits.
- Slice thinly and set aside.
Step by Step Recipe Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the shortbread crust by combining the flour, salt and butter in a food processor and pulsing until crumbly.
- Dump in a 9 inch pie plate and press the crumbs down in the pie plate.
- Set aside.
- Peel and slice the peaches thinly.
- Dump 2 cups thinly sliced peaches into a bowl and sprinkle with ⅛ cup sugar.
- Let the peaches stand for 5 minutes. While the peaches are sitting, whisk together the filling ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl mix the sour cream, sugar, egg, vanilla, salt, and flour.
- Pour this mixture over the peaches and carefully mix to coat.
- Pour the peach filling into the shortbread crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes.
- While baking make the crumble topping.
- In a food processor or in a bowl with a fork, whisk the flour, sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Cut in the butter until a wet crumbly mixture comes together.
- Squish out crumble pieces with your fingers and place them across the hot pie top.
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack completely before putting in the fridge to chill.
- If you're serving this pie warm then cool until still warm but not hot.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
Store in the fridge. This is not a dessert you leave out on the countertop.
This is a great question because this is more of a custard pie so it's hard to know if your pie is done if you don't know what you're looking for. After baking for 20 minutes after reducing the temp to 350 degrees the filling should be set around the edges, but still a little jiggly in the center. This is how you know it's done.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!Print
This fresh peach pie with a crumb topping is just as good warm topped with ice cream as it is cold! This easy recipe also has a shortbread crust! Simple everyday ingredients! Phenomenal flavor!
- 6 Tbs . Butter (cold)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 ⅛ cups Flour
- 2 cups thinly sliced Peaches (approximately 2 large peaches)
- ⅛ cup Sugar
- 6 Tbs . Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs . Flour
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Flour
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbs . Butter (cold)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the pie crust by placing the crust ingredients in a food processor or use a fork or pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour and salt until crumbly.
- Press into an 9 inch pie plate.
- Peel and thinly slice the peaches.
- Dump the sliced peaches into a bowl and sprinkle with ⅛ cup of sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the 6 Tbs. 6, egg, vanilla, sour cream, salt and flour together.
- Carefully stir it into the peaches.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, prepare the streusel topping.
- Combine the streusel ingredients in a food processor and blend until crumbly. Once again you can do this with a fork or pastry blender just as well.
- When pie has finished baking, sprinkle the streusel over the top and place back in the oven for and additional 10 minutes.
- Cool pie on a cooling rack.
- You may serve the pie warm with ice cream or chill it and serve it will whipped cream.
- Store pie in the fridge.
- You can sub in canned or frozen peaches if you like. Just make sure to pat off all the extra liquid with paper towels before just them.
- You can tell the pie is done when the only the center 2 inches is still a little jiggly.
Keywords: crumb topped peach pie, fresh peach pie, peach crumble pie
ANY NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS ON THIS SITE IS BASED ON AN ESTIMATE, CALCULATED BY NURTIFOX PLUGIN (OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOURCE) FROM THE INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS IN EACH RECIPE. VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS, INCLUDING PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND FOOD PREPARATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION.