Start your day with these scrumptious fresh peach muffins. You’ll love their tender peach filled insides and crumb topped outside! Truly irresistible!
Peach season is here! I am generally not much of a fruit person, but I do love fresh peaches! And as most of you already know I love muffins, too! Therefore is it necessary to have fresh peach muffins. These are truly scrumptious! The muffin part is filled with fresh peaches and is so soft, tender and incredibly flavored. The tops have a brown sugar crumb topping which I could almost eat by itself. These are definitely a must try!
Preheat your oven and prepare your muffins tins. If you prefer to have the peach skin removed from your peaches like I do, bring a pot of water to a boil. Put the peaches (you’ll need about 3) into the boiling water and boil for 45 seconds. Remove the peaches from the boiling water and submerge them in ice water. After a minutes or two remove the peaches from the ice water and the skins should easily peel off. Slice and dice the peaches. You’ll need 2 cups of them.
Then in a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the pure vanilla and eggs. Beat in the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk the sour cream and milk together in a measuring cup to be added alternately with the flour. Add 1/3 of the flour, then 1/2 the sour cream/milk, another 1/3 of flour, the last 1/2 of sour cream milk. Fold in the peaches with the last of the flour.
Divide among 24 muffin cups.
In a food processor or in a bowl with a fork, combine the ingredients for the crumb topping and sprinkle it on the top of each muffin. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.Print
Fresh Peach Muffins
Start your day with these scrumptious fresh peach muffins. You’ll love their tender peach filled insides and crumb topped outside! Truly irresistible! Makes 24 muffins.
- Category: Breakfast
- 10 Tbs. Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Sliced and diced Peaches ((about 3 medium peaches))
Brown Sugar Crumb Topping
- 6 Tbs. Butter, chilled
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with liners.
- Prepare the peaches by bringing a small pot of water to a boil. Boil the peaches for 45 seconds. Then remove them from the boiling water and submerge them in ice water. After 1 or 2 minutes take them out of the ice water and the skins should peel right off with a little gentle rubbing. Slice and dice peaches to get 2 cups of peaches.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Beat in the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together the sour cream and milk in a measuring cup to add alternately with the flour.
- Stir in 1/3 of the flour, then 1/2 the sour cream/milk, another 1/3 of the flour and last 1/2 of the sour cream/milk. Fold in the peaches with the last of the flour. Divide the batter up among 24 muffin cups.
- In a food processor or in a bowl with a fork, stir the brown sugar, flour and ground cinnamon together. Cut in the butter until well combined and crumbly. Sprinkle over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.