Peach scones, with their sweet tops and juicy peach-speckled insides, are perfect for breakfast or brunch! This peach recipe is a keeper!
I look forward to peach season all year! If you loved my Fresh Peach Muffin recipe from last year, you are going to love these fresh peach scones! Baked scones are a favorite of mine. They are like eating sugar cookies for breakfast. Add some fresh peaches, and you've got the perfect breakfast or brunch treat!
How to make peach scones:
- Preheat your oven and prepare a baking sheet.
- Get your peaches ready. Important Tip: If you've never removed the skin off peaches before, just bring a pot of water to a boil and boil your peaches for about 45 seconds, then plunge them into a bowl of ice water and let them sit for a few minutes. The skins should rub right off.
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, and baking powder to mix.
- Add the butter and process until blended. Dump into a mixing bowl.
- Toss the diced peaches with the flour mixture.
- Whisk the egg and almond extract together and mix into the flour/peach mixture.
- Your dough will still be on the dry side, so drizzle a little bit of heavy cream over it and mix. It really won't take much cream to pull this dough together, so drizzle just a little.
- Dump the dough out onto a floured surface and pat it out into a circle a ½ inch thick. Cut out the scones with a 2-inch biscuit cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk the heavy cream and almond extract for the topping together and brush across the tops of the peach scones. Generously, sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Cool and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions
You should be able to. Just drain the canned peaches well, and pat dry with a paper towel to get rid of any extra moisture.
Store your peach scones in a loosely covered plate or container. If you store them in something airtight, they will get sticky and soggy. They will be good for up to 2 days.
If you need a couple more peach recipes for your beautiful peaches this season, you will want to take a look at these! Peaches and Cream Sweet Rolls are my absolute favorite. They taste just like peach pie. Speaking of pie, my Peach Pie is always a hit and a little different than others. And, of course, you've got to have Peach Ice Cream, right?
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below!
And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes sent to your email!
Peach Scones Recipe
- 1 Cup Flour
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Tbs. Butter
- 1 ½ Cups skinless diced Peaches (about 2 large or 3 medium peaches)
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- ⅛ cup Heavy Cream read the instructions, you probably won't need the whole ⅛ cup
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- White Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the flour, sugar, and baking powder in a food processor. Pulse to mix.
- Add the butter and pulse until it is well blended into the flour mixture. Dump into a mixing bowl.
- Toss the diced peaches with the dry ingredients.
- Whisk the egg and almond extract together and mix into the flour peach mixture.
- Drizzle the ⅛ cup of heavy cream a little at a time into the dough mixing as you go. The peaches naturally add moisture to the dough. Only add enough cream to pull the dough together, but still be a little on the dry side.
- Pat the dough into a circle about a ½ inch thick on a floured surface and cut out with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place the cutout scones on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk the heavy cream and almond extract together and brush it across the tops of the peach scones with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle generously with sugar.
- Bake in a preheated (400 degrees) oven for 15 minutes.
- Important Tip: If you've never removed the skin of peaches before, just bring a pot of water to a boil and boil your peaches for about 45 seconds, then plunge them into a bowl of ice water and let them sit for a few minutes. The skins should rub right off.