Wondering what to do with all those pumpkin seeds leftover from carving pumpkins? Try these roasted pumpkin seeds! Such a tasty snack!
It's pumpkin carving time! One thing my kids look forward to about as much as carving pumpkins, is roasted pumpkin seeds. They are crunchy, salty and just plain delicious. I always end up making a triple batch. They are a great alternative to all the candy that is around during this time of year.
After you've separated your pumpkin seeds from the majority of pumpkin guts, measure out 2 cups of seeds. Don't wash them. Mix together the seasoning ingredients and pour it over the 2 cups of seeds. Spread them out on a foil covered baking sheet that has been sprayed well with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake them at 300 degrees for an hour. After a half hour of cooking, take the seeds out of the oven and stir them around a little bit. Put them back in the oven for the remaining half hour. Store cooled pumpkin seeds in an airtight container or a ziploc bag.Print
Wondering what to do with all those pumpkin seeds left over from carving pumpkins? Try these roasted pumpkin seeds! Such a tasty snack!
- 2 Tbs . Butter (melted)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Seeds (unwashed)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Separate pumpking seeds from the pumpkin guts the best you can. Measure out 2 cups of pumpkin seeds. Do not wash them.
- Mix together the melted butter, salt, garlic powder, and worcestershire sauce. Stir into the pumpkin seeds. Mix to coat thoroughly.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet, spread out evenly and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. Half way through the cooking time, take the seeds out of the oven and give them a stir. Put them back in the oven to continue cooking.
- Store cooled pumpkin seeds in an airtight container or ziploc bag.
Keywords: pumpkin recipes, pumpkin seeds, halloween recipes
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating above and a comment below!
Other recipes I know you'll love!
Don't forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!
ANY NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS ON THIS SITE IS BASED ON AN ESTIMATE, CALCULATED BY NURTIFOX PLUGIN (OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOURCE) FROM THE INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS IN EACH RECIPE. VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS, INCLUDING PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND FOOD PREPARATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION.