Have you ever wondered how to make your own Oreo cookies from scratch? It's very easy, actually! All it takes is 3 ingredients for the cookies and some cream cheese frosting!
Why Choose This Recipe
- Easy as my Carrot Cake Oreos
- Highly addictive!
- Minimal ingredients
- Cake Mix- both "pudding in the mix" and regular cake mixes work.
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, butter, and eggs together well.
- This is easier to do with a mixer because this dough is thick and kind of "gummy." It will take a minute for all the cake mix to be incorporated in.
- Scoop out by ½ tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. I usually can get 20 on a pan.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- While the cookies are baking, prepare the cream cheese frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Beat until completely combined.
- Frost one cooled cookie with cream cheese frosting and top with another cookie.
- Store in the fridge.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
These should be good for up to a week in the fridge; however, in my house, they are devoured within a couple of days.
Yes. This cookie dough is very thick and kind of "gummy." It also takes a little work to get all the cake mix to mix in, which makes it seem like there isn't enough liquid in this recipe, but there is. It just takes a little longer to get it to mix together.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Irresistible Homemade Oreos Recipe
- 1 box Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 6 Tbs Butter softened
- 2 Eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 2 Tbs. Butter softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the cake mix, 6 Tbs. butter and eggs until well combined.
- Scoop out by ½ tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. I can usually get 20 to a pan.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled frost one cookie with the cream cheese frosting, then top with another.
- For the cream cheese frosting, beat the cream cheese and 2 Tbs. butter together until very smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Store cookies in the fridge.
- This cookie dough is very thick and kind of "gummy." It also takes a little work to get all the cake mix to mix in which makes it seem like there isn't enough liquid in this recipe, but there is. It just takes a little longer to get it to mix together.