Soft pumpkin cookies topped with rich cream cheese frosting! Is your mouthwatering? These cream cheese frosted pumpkin cookies are a must have fall cookie!
I was asked yesterday if there is a pumpkin cookie recipe on my website. While, yes, my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is there, I have totally forgotten to post cream cheese frosted pumpkin cookies. I know! I can’t believe it either! Definitely something that needed to be fixed ASAP! So here it is! My cream cheese frosted pumpkin cookie recipe! These are so, so, so good. I think I had forgotten to post this recipe because I have not made these yet this fall simply because this is one cookie I can eat until I’m sick. Literally. I’m am lacking in self control over these!
Mix up the pumpkin cookie dough according to the recipe instructions. Remember that pumpkin cookie dough is much stickier that your average cookie dough. So don’t add extra flour to make it less sticky or you will end up will really dry cookies. Bake the cookies at 350 for 12 minutes. They will be slightly browned. Cool on a cooling rack.
After the cookies are cooled completely, mix up the cream cheese frosting. Frost each pumpkin cookie. Store these cookies in the fridge.Print
Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Cookies
Soft pumpkin cookies topped with rich cream cheese frosting! Is your mouthwatering? These cream cheese frosted pumpkin cookies are a must have fall cookie! Makes 3 dozen
- Category: Cookie
- 1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the vanilla, eggs and canned pumpkin.
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix in the flour until well combined.
- Scoop dough out by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the cream cheese frosting beat the cream cheese and butter together. Then beat in the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Frost cooled pumpkin cookies and store in the fridge.