Quesadillas are the ultimate dinner idea! Whether it's the melted cheese, shredded chicken, or toppings like sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or onions, there's something everybody loves about them! This recipe is super easy, and the buffalo cream cheese flavor of the slow-cooked chicken is absolutely amazing!
Why Choose This Recipe
- Easy dinner idea!
- Made with everyday ingredients like spices and cream cheese!
- Even though this recipe calls for buffalo hot sauce, the buffalo chicken is not too spicy hot for even kids!
- Smoked Paprika - don't substitute regular paprika. The flavors of the two are not the same.
- White Pepper - black pepper can be substituted, but white pepper is preferred.
- Buffalo Hot Sauce - I prefer "Frank's" brand.
- Cornstarch- for those with corn allergy, check out this guide for How to Substitute Cornstarch.
Step by Step Instructions
- Alright! Let me show you how to make these quesadillas!!!
- In a small bowl or a two-cup measuring cup, whisk together the honey, buffalo hot sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, chili powder, cumin, and white pepper.
- Sometimes I heat the honey up in the microwave for a few seconds to make it easier to whisk everything together.
- DO NOT add the water, cornstarch, and cream cheese yet!!!
- Place the chicken breasts in a 4-quart crockpot.
- Pour ½ the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the crockpot, and shred it with 2 forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the crockpot.
- In a small cup, whisk the water and cornstarch together.
- Stir the cornstarch water into the chicken and juices in the crockpot.
- Stir in the remaining buffalo sauce.
- Stir the cream cheese into the chicken
- Cook on high for 30-45 minutes.
- Begin heating a griddle to about 325 degrees.
- Spread a small amount of buffalo chicken on a mini or street tortilla.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place another tortilla on the top and brush it will olive oil.
- Place olive oil side down on the griddle.
- Brush the tortilla on the top with olive oil.
- Cook each side until golden brown.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, etc....
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
In step 3 above, it says to brush the top tortilla with olive oil and place it olive oil side down on the griddle. Then brush olive oil on the tortilla that is now on top. Doing this will make them crispy!
I love the pre-shredded Mexican blend or taco blend of cheese you can get at any grocery store.
Yes! I love to make enough for leftovers! The best way to reheat these quesadillas is in an air fryer. I set mine to 360-ish degrees and heat them for 3-4 minutes. The air fryer re-crisps the outsides perfectly!
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Filling:
- 1 ¼ lbs. Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tbs. Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ½ cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 Tbs. Water
- 1 Tbs. Cornstarch
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 36 oz Street Taco Mini Flour Tortillas 3 x 12 oz packages
- 16 oz Fiesta or Mexican blend shredded cheese 16 oz bag
- Olive Oil
- Guacamole how much you need depends on how much you love it
- Sour cream
- 1 Large Tomato Diced
- Place the chicken breasts in a 2-quart crock pot that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour half of the sauce over the chicken in the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it. Return to the crockpot.
- Whisk the water and cornstarch together. Pour over the shredded chicken. Stir.
- Cube the cream cheese and add to the chicken.
- Cook on high for another 30-45 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining buffalo sauce and mix until well combined.
- Preheat your griddle to between 250 and 300 degrees.
- Top a tortilla with a ⅛ cup of hot buffalo chicken filling.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Brush the tortilla with olive oil and place it oil side down on the preheated griddle. Brush oil on the tortilla that is now on top.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from griddle, quarter, and serve with sour cream, guac, and tomatoes.
- Street Taco Tortillas are 4 inches in diameter.
- I love to make enough for leftovers! The best way to reheat these quesadillas is in an air fryer. I set mine to 360-ish degrees and heat them for 3-4 minutes. The air fryer re-crisps the outsides perfectly!
Buffalo Chicken Filling recipe adapted from Carlsbad Cravings Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Chicken Taquitos.