It only takes a few minutes to whip up a batch of these soft, chewy snickerdoodles. You'll love their soft, chewy insides and crispy cinnamon outsides!
I'm just in a cookie mood today and thought I'd share my recipe for snickerdoodles. They are soft and chewy and chase away those wintertime blues. It takes very little time to whip these cookies up. It took me about 45 minutes to make and bake 3 ½ dozen. Not too bad. So if you are looking for a little pick-me-up today, I recommend giving these a try!
These soft, chewy Snickerdoodle cookies are super easy. My only tip is do not cream the butter and shorten it with the sugar until fluffy like you would for most recipes. Just mix them until combined. If you beat until fluffy, your snickerdoodles will be really flat.
In this recipe, simply mix the cookie dough, roll tablespoonfuls of dough through cinnamon sugar, and bake. Nice right? How you love'em!
Soft Chewy Snickerdoodles
- ½ Cup Butter room temp
- ½ Cup Shortening
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and shortening. Add the sugar and mix just until combined. If you overcream the sugar and butter/shortening, your cookies will come out flat as can be.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in the cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Scoop the dough out by tablespoonfuls and roll the dough through the cinnamon sugar.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!!!
For the cinnamon sugar:
- Whisk the sugar and ground cinnamon together.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating above and a comment below!
Other recipes I know you'll love!
Don't forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!