Soft, chewy, peanut butter cookies! Add a few chocolate chips to the tops, and you've got yourself the perfect peanut butter treat!
It's the first week of school here, and I know that my kids are going to come home starving. I should probably greet my children with fresh fruit or something, but I prefer to be the mom who has freshly baked cookies when her kids get home from school.
Of course, I don't do this every day, but today I am. Turning their brains back on after being dormant for a couple of months is hard work, and they'll be ready for a pick-me-up. These peanut butter cookies are an awesome pick-me-up!
They are soft, chewy, and irresistible! I like to add a few chocolate chips to the tops of my peanut butter cookies for a little something extra. So go ahead and start the school year off with something yummy! Here's to an awesome school year!
Cream the shortening, creamy peanut butter, and brown sugar. Then add the milk and egg. You could use chunky peanut butter if you wanted. I just prefer not to have chunks in these cookies.
Stir in the salt, baking soda, and flour.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto your prepared baking sheets. Press a criss-cross pattern on the top of each cookie with a fork. Press 3 chocolate chips into each cookie. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cool and devour!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ Cup Shortening
- ¾ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 ¼ Cups Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Flour
- Chocolate Chips for the tops
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or a mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the shortening, peanut butter, and brown sugar with it is well combined. Stir in the milk and egg.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and flour.
- Drop cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets by tablespoonfuls. Using a fork, press a crisscross pattern into each ball of dough. Top with 3 chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Have you tried this recipe? Leave me a rating above and a comment below!
Other recipes that I know you'll love!
Don't forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!