In the mood for something sweet? Try my soft and chewy oatmeal craisin cookies! They are easy to make and will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Are you ever in the mood for something sweet but not too sweet? Me, too! These oatmeal craisin cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth without being too much.
Raisins are the more traditional oatmeal cookie mix, but I really don't like raisins. I do, however, like craisins. I like their tart flavor. They complement oatmeal cookies so well too. These cookies are soft, chewy, and full of the craisin tart sweetness that I love!
Looking for an amazing recipe for a regular oatmeal cookie? Check out my Soft Oatmeal Cookie recipe!
Start by creaming the butter, shortening, and sugars together for 3 minutes. Doing this will give you a softer oatmeal craisin cookie. Continue with the other ingredients as the recipe instructs. Add the craisins very last, mixing just until they are mixed throughout the dough. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes to allow the oatmeal to absorb the extra moisture in the dough.
Scoop by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets. I prefer to line my baking sheets with parchment paper instead of using non-stick cooking spray for easier cleanup. Bake your oatmeal craisin cookies at 350 for 10-11 minutes. Cool and eat.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below!
Other Recipes I know you'll love!
Don't forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!
Oatmeal Craisin Cookie Recipe
- ½ Cup Butter room temp.
- ¼ Cup Shortening
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Quick Oatmeal
- 1 Cup Flour
- 6 oz Craisins 1 bag
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prepare your baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening, and sugars for 3 minutes.
- Add the egg, water and vanilla.
- Add the baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add the quick oatmeal, then the flour and craisins.
- Allow the cookie dough to sit for 5 minutes.
- Scoop dough out by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes. Edges should be slightly brown.
- Cool and eat!