Have you caught a cold this season and need something to warm you up and soothe that scratchy throat? Try this simple sore throat soothing hot cider!
Now that kids are back in school and germs are being shared back and forth, ew, it is only a matter of time before you catch a cold. I hate that scratchy achy sore throat. This hot drink always makes my throat feel better. I wasn’t sure whether to call it cider or wassail, but I went with cider. It is really simple to make. Like just a couple minutes simple. You can make a little or a lot. Totally up to you, but it will be just what you need to keep going this cold season.
This is all you need for this fabulous concoction! Orange juice, apple juice, lemon juice, honey and ground cinnamon. I am making just 2 servings (about 3 cups of hot cider) so I used 10 oz bottles of juice. This really an easy recipe to double, or triple to suit your needs.
Pour the orange juice, apple juice and 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice into a glass measuring cup. Carefully heat in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Stir about a tablespoon of honey into the hot juices. Whisk in 1/8 tsp cinnamon. Taste and if you would like a stronger cinnamon flavor, add 1/8 tsp more ground cinnamon. Serve hot.
Have you caught a cold this season and need something to warm you up and soothe that scratchy throat? Try this simple sore throat soothing hot cider! Makes about 3 cups.
- 1 (10 oz) Bottle Orange Juice ((This is 1 1/4 Cups OJ))
- 1 (10 oz) Bottle Apple Juice ((This is 1 1/4 Cups Apple Juice))
- 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs. Honey
- 1/8-1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- In a glass measuring cup, pour the orange juice, apple juice and lemon juice.
- Carefully heat in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Stir the honey into the hot juice.
- Whisk in 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon and taste. If you would like a stronger cinnamon flavor add an additional 1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Serve hot.