My Grandma's chocolate lasagna is a near no-bake dessert that is also very simple to make. This tried and true is rich, creamy and chocolatey too!
This particular recipe holds a special place in my heart. This my Grandma Carole's chocolate ribbon dessert recipe more commonly known as Chocolate Lasagna. My Grandma may not have cooked or baked much, but the things that she did make are filled with some very sweet memories for me. I believe this is one recipe that reminds all my family of Grandma. I was thinking about no-bake type recipes the other day and this one popped in my head. It is near no-bake. The crust has to be baked, but the rest is mix, spread and refrigerate. Don't let the simplicity fool you. This is a truly delicious dessert. The creamy layers are rich and will fix a chocolate craving. I hope you love this recipe as much as our family does.
How to make Chocolate Lasagna:
- The crust is simply flour, butter and ground nuts. I put all 3 ingredients in a food processor (affiliate link) and pulse until it is well mixed. Sprinkle the crust in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. (affiliate link) Press the crust down and bake for 17 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool baked crust completely before adding the layers.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well blended. Fold in the cool whip and spread across the cooled crust.
- Beat the milk and pudding mixes together until thickened. Pour over the cream cheese layer and spread out evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Spread cool whip on the top or the chocolate pudding layer. Garnish with a grated chocolate bar and additional nuts if desired.
Can you make chocolate lasagna the night before?
Absolutely! I actually prefer to make it the day before.
Can you freeze chocolate lasagna?
I haven't ever tried, but I don't see why you couldn't. Just allow 24 hours to thaw in the fridge before trying to serve.
Need more no bake dessert recipes?
This Strawberry Icebox Cake is mouthwatering delicious! Or how about this Chocolate and Peanut Butter Eclair Dessert! These No Bake Cookie Butter Bars are a great option for those with nut allergies, however these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are my favorite!
Don't forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!
My Grandma's chocolate lasagna is a near no-bake dessert that is also very simple to make. This tried and true is rich, creamy and chocolaty too!
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cups Ground or very finely chopped Pecans
- ½ cup Butter
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 ½ cups Milk
- 1 (3.9 oz) pkg. Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 (3.9 oz) pkg. Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 8 oz. Tub Cool Whip
- 1 Chocolate Bar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, pecans, and butter together until well combined. Or use a fork and mix these ingredients until well combined.
- Sprinkle evenly in the prepared 9x13 pan. Pack down with you fingers and bake at 350 for 17 minutes. Cool completely before proceeding.
Cream Cheese layer
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well combined and smooth. Fold in the 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread across the cooled crust.
- Beat the milk and two pudding mixes until thickened. Pour and evenly spread across cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Spread the 8 oz of Cool Whip on top of the chocolate layer. Grate the chocolate and garnish with the chocolate shavings.
Keywords: no bake, dessert