Need a delicious and easy soup that won’t wreck your diet? Try my light and easy tomato soup! Perfect for lunch or dinner!
Ever get nostalgic for tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches? I do. However I find that canned tomato soup leaves a lot to be desired. This homemade version is delicious, easy and customizable to your taste. This tomato soup can be super kid friendly or stepped up to suit grown up tastes. Great for lunch or dinner! Try and let me know how you like it!
Free feel to check out my other awesome soup recipes! Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup, The Best Cream of Mushroom Soup or Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup! Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram!
With the exception of herbs and spices, this is all you need to make this light and easy tomato soup. Vegetable broth, a can of V8, a can of petite diced tomatoes and a cup of half and half. Pour the veg. broth, V8 and diced tomatoes into a soup pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes. Blend smooth with an emulsion blender, a regular blender or a food processor. Add the half and half. Blend again until smooth. Now your tomato soup is done at a very basic level. Totally kid friendly. If you are looking to spice it up a bit you can add basil or italian seasoning to your taste. If you want a spicy tomato soup than you can use spicy V8. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches and enjoy!
Light and Easy Tomato Soup
Need a delicious and easy soup that won’t wreck your diet? Try my light and easy tomato soup! Perfect for lunch or dinner! Makes about 1 1/2 quarts.
- Category: Soup
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Petite Diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 (11.5 oz) can V8 Vegetable Blend Juice (See note at end)
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- Basil or Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Pour the vegetable broth, canned tomatoes, and V8 into a soup pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend the soup with an emulsion blender, a regular blender or a food processor until smooth. Add the half and half. Blend again.
- Stir in salt, pepper, basil or italian seasoning to your taste. Serve and enjoy!
For a tomato soup with a spicy kick use the spicy V8 vegetable juice blend.