This easy, 5 ingredient soy marinade makes grilled chicken taste amazing! Only takes 2-3 minutes to mix up! Marinate for a few hours or overnight, and enjoy juicy, flavorful chicken later!
Why Choose This Recipe
- Everybody has a great Chicken Recipe for the summer!
- Goes well with just about any Side or Salad!
- Only 5 Ingredients to make this marinade!
- Chicken - You can use either breasts or tenderloins. I prefer tenderloins just because they are smaller portions.
Step by Step Instructions
- Place thawed, raw chicken in a gallon-size Ziploc bag.
- Pour the soy sauce over the chicken.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, and spicy brown mustard.
- Pour the lemon-lime soda over the chicken.
- Zip the bag shut and squish around to mix the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, 6 hours for best results.
- Fire up the grill and grill each chicken piece a few minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through (an internal temp of 165 degrees). Grilling times will vary depending on if you use tenders or breasts.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
Yes, but the flavor will be much stronger. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Some people prefer it.
Of course! However, the grill seals in the flavor in a way the oven can't.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
5 Ingredient Chicken Marinade Recipe
- 12-14 Chicken Tenderloin Strips (or 6-8 Chicken Breasts)
- 2 Cups Lemon Lime Soda
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbs Spicy Brown Mustard
- Place the chicken strips or breasts in a gallon-size Ziploc bag. Set aside.
- Measure out and pour the marinade ingredients over the chicken.
- Zip the bag shut, squish around to mix the marinade, and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or 6 hours for best results.
- Fire up your grill and grill marinated chicken on each side until the chicken is cooked through and has an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Cooking times vary depending on the size of chicken strips or breasts.
- You can marinate the chicken overnight if you wish.