Double chocolate banana muffins will make your day! Moist, chocolatey, and full of bananas! You’ll definitely need a tall glass of milk to go with these!
The end of summer heat causes my bananas to turn way to quickly. I needed to use them up and I’ve already done a lot of regular banana bread and was having a craving for something chocolate. These turned out awesome! They were gone almost as quickly as I made them. I’m also excited because I like to have a good variety of muffin recipes because muffins are a breakfast staple in my home. And this recipe is definitely a keeper!
I like this recipe because it is done in one bowl. Start by mashing up the bananas with a fork or potato masher. Stir the sugar, egg, and melted butter into the bananas.
Stir in the cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Stir in the flour and mini chocolate chips just until combined.
Scoop into prepared muffin tins filling the muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs clinging to it.Print
Double chocolate banana muffins will make your day! Moist, chocolatey, and full of bananas! You’ll definitely need a tall glass of milk to go with these! Makes 15 muffins
- 1 Cup Mashed Bananas ((this is roughly 3 bananas))
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with 15 muffin liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir the sugar, egg, and melted butter into the bananas.
- Stir in the cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the flour and mini chocolate chips just until combined.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3s full and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs clinging to it.
Have you tried this recipe? Leave me a rating above and a comment below!
Other recipes I know you’ll love!
Don’t forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!
Any nutritional analysis on this Site is based on an estimate, calculated by Nurtifox plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.