Loaded with chocolate chips these tender muffins are easy and quick to whip up for breakfast or brunch! Make them in just one bowl and be enjoying light and fluffy muffins in 30 minutes or less!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy recipe for a quick after school snack!
- Light, fluffy and filled with plenty of chocolate chips!
- An easy muffin with a nice domed top just like bakery style chocolate chip muffins!
- Flour - all purpose flour, never self rising flour.
- Olive Oil - You may substitute canola oil, vegetable oil or coconut oil.
- Chocolate Chips - You can use regular chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips for this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners aka muffin liners or cupcake liners. (FYI....this is one regular size muffin tin plus ½ of a second muffin tin pan)
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Break up any brown sugar lumps.
- Add the milk, olive oil, egg....
- ....and vanilla extract.
- Mix until about ½ mixed together and add the milk chocolate chips.
- Finish mixing just until everything is mixed together.
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔s full with muffin batter.
- You can sprinkle the tops with extra chocolate chips if you would like.
- Bake in a preheated oven (375 degrees) for 13-15 minutes.
- The tops will not brown. A toothpick will come out clean.
- Store cooled muffins in an airtight container.
- You can pack these cooled chocolate chip muffins in a freezer bag and freeze them as well. Thaw at room temperature.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
Yes, completely cool the muffins before packaging or wrapping and putting in the freezer.
Yes, you can! Just decrease the baking time. I would start checking them after 5 or 6 minutes of baking.
First don't substitute melted butter for the olive oil. Second, don't overbake. The tops of these muffins aren't going to brown. Remember that baked goods continue to cook as they cool. Just because you took them out of the oven the baking process doesn't immediately stop. Your muffins are still super hot and cooling time is slowly stop baking time.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- 2 Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 ¼ Cup Milk
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare 18 muffin cups by placing liners in them.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make sure to squish the brown sugar lumps.
- Add the milk, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir into the dry ingredients until half way incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in just until batter is mixed together.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔'s of the way and bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
- A toothpick will come out clean. The tops should not brown.
- 18 muffin cups are one regular size 12 muffin cup muffin tin plus half of one more tin.
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!
Any nutritional analysis on this Site is based on an estimate, calculated by Nurtifox plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.