Cranberry orange muffins may be my new favorite. They're quick and easy, with each bite bursting with an orange flavor and taste bud-tingling tartness!
Here's my cranberry orange muffin recipe just in time for the holidays! Have you noticed the bags and bags of fresh cranberries at the grocery stores lately? Have you ever wondered what you would even do with them? Well, here is an easy recipe that is just bursting with flavor! A delicious combination of oranges and cranberries! Even my kids thought they were pretty good!
This is a really easy recipe. Cream, add, mix, stir, and all that. I do recommend, however, folding the cranberries into the batter with the last addition of flour. This will prevent overmixing.
Divide the batter among 18 muffin cups. As you can see, they will be quite full, but that's totally fine. Bake these tasty cranberry orange muffins at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean. Cool and eat! Store cooled muffins in a loosely covered container. They become too sticky and moist if you seal them in tight.
Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- 8 oz Cranberries coarsely chopped (One 8oz. Bag of Cranberries)
- 10 Tbs. Butter softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoon Orange Extract
- 2 Tbs. Orange Zest freshly grated
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Chop up the cranberries and set aside. An 8 oz bag of cranberries with give you roughly a heaping two cups of cranberries.
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Beat in the egg, orange extract, and orange zest.
- Add the salt and baking powder.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the sour cream and milk.
- Starting and ending with flour, add the sour cream milk mixture alternately with the flour, folding in the last addition of flour with the cranberries by hand.
- Divide the batter among the 18 muffin cups. Yes, they will be pretty full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Store cooled muffins in a loosely covered container.
Love muffins but want to explore some different options? Here are 5 other great muffin recipes!
Need new muffin tins? I recommend these ones here!
And don't forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and comment below!