It's strawberry season!!! Fresh strawberries and almond slivers dot these light and fluffy muffins! This great recipe is made from scratch, but easy to whip up and ready to eat warm in 30 minutes!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This simple strawberry muffin recipe is great for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack!
- Tender muffins full of juicy strawberries that freeze well!
- The perfect muffin for a brunch party!
- Flour - all purpose flour.
- Strawberries - Fresh strawberries are preferred but you could use frozen berries as well just drain them well before using.
- Sour Cream - I always use full fat sour cream.
- Butter - I used salted butter, but if you use unsalted butter increase the amount of salt called for by ¼ tsp.
- Almond Extract - If in a pinch you can substitute vanilla extract.
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 20 muffin cups (not quite 2 full muffin tins) with paper liners.
- Rinse the fresh berries and slice into small pieces. Set them aside.
- In a large bowl, cream room temperature butter (not melted butter) and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and almond extract.
- Beat in the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk the sour cream and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Beat in ⅓ of the flour.
- Beat in ½ the sour cream/milk.
- Beat in the other ⅓ of flour.
- Beat in the last of the sour cream/milk.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and fold in the sliced strawberries with the last of the flour.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin filling each cup about ⅔s of the way full.
- Sprinkle the tops with almond slivers.
- Bake in the preheated oven, 350 degrees, for 17-20 minutes. Muffin tops will be lightly golden brown and a toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool these delicious muffins on a wire rack.
- Store completely cooled muffins in an airtight container or ziploc bag.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
Yes, just make sure they are completely cool before packing up and popping in the freezer.
You will get somewhere between 2 and 2 ½ cups of sliced strawberries from a 16 oz or 1 lb package.
You can if you would like but they will be fine stored in a loosely covered container just on the countertop.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!Print
Fresh strawberries and almond slivers dot these light and fluffy muffins! From scratch, but easy to whip up and ready to eat warm in 30 minutes!
- 10 Tbs. Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Chopped, Fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, Line 20 muffins cups with paper liners.
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs and almond extract.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat well.
- Whisk together the milk and sour cream. Add alternately with the flour in the following way.
- Mix in ⅓ of the flour. Mix in ½ the milk. Mix in another ⅓ of the flour. Mix in the other ½ of milk.
- Add the 2 Cups of strawberries with the last ⅓ of flour and fold in by hand.
- Divide the batter amongst the 20 muffin cups. Top each muffin with slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool and serve!
- Cool muffins completely before freezing. Thaw at room temperature.
Keywords: strawberry muffins, strawberry muffin recipe
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, be sure to check out a few of my most popular recipes!
ANY NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS ON THIS SITE IS BASED ON AN ESTIMATE, CALCULATED BY NURTIFOX PLUGIN (OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOURCE) FROM THE INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS IN EACH RECIPE. VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS, INCLUDING PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND FOOD PREPARATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION.