These caramel swirl cheesecake brownies are an easy dessert to whip up and a great one to share at a neighborhood barbecue this summer!
Caramel swirl cheesecake brownies are one of the best dessert mash-ups! The smooth cheesecake with caramel on top of a chocolatey brownie is irresistible.
They also look like you've spent a lot of time making them when they are, in fact, really quite simple. And it's a plus that they can be made a day ahead of time.
How to make these cheesecake brownies:
- After preparing a 9 x 13 pan, mix the brownie base together and press into the pan. I obviously used my fingers to do this.
- Make the cheesecake filling and spread it over the brownie base.
- Make the caramel sauce and pour in lines back and forth across the top of the cheesecake filling. It doesn't need to be perfect. Then pull a butter knife back and forth through the caramel and fill in figure 8 motions to swirl the caramel.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. The center should be set, and the edges lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before putting it in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before serving. I like to leave them in the fridge overnight. Cut your cheesecake brownies into 30 squares. That may seem small, but these are pretty rich. Refrigerate the leftovers, if there are any.
How to store cheesecake brownies:
Due to the cheesecake top on these brownies, they do need to be stored in the fridge.
More delicious cheesecake recipes!
Cheesecake is such a descant dessert that is also really versatile. My Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake and my Almond Praline Cheesecake are both cheesecakes made in a spring form pan. If you're looking for cheesecakes in bar form like this recipe, then try some Chocolate Crumble Cheesecake Bars. And everything is more fun when it's bite-sized! So check out these Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Bites and these Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake Bites!
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below!
Don't forget to subscribe to get my recipes sent right to your email!
Caramel Swirl Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- ½ Cup Butter softened
- ¼ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 package Fudge Brownie Mix
- 16 oz Cream Cheese (softened) 2x8 oz. packages
- ⅓ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbs Flour
- ¾ Cup Kraft Caramel Bits or 12 Kraft Caramels unwrapped
- 3 Tbs Whipping Cream
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the brownie base, beat the butter, peanut butter, and egg together until smooth. Pour in the brownie mix and mix until it forms a stiff dough. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- For the filling, cream the cream cheese, peanut butter, sour cream and sugar. Beat until smooth. Add the vanilla and eggs. Add the flour. Mix well. Pour over the brownie base.
- Finally, the caramel sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the caramels with the whipping cream. Once melted. smooth and blended together. Pour across the top of the cheesecake layer in lines going one direction. Pull a butter knife throughout the caramel in figure 8 motions to swirl the caramel.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then place in the fridge. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving.