A light, fluffy berry salad that will satisfy your sweet tooth! You’re sure to love this creamy jello salad full of sweet strawberries.
This is one of my favorite jello salads. It is so sweet and creamy and I love that it’s pink. I wanted to update and re-issue this post because it is Easter this weekend. Many people go to other family members homes for a nice dinner and usually need to bring some kind of salad or side to share. However, everyone wants to bring something a little different or special for such an occasion, right? Therefore, I wanted to re-share this recipe for this beautiful berries and cream jello salad. If you would rather substitute raspberries for strawberries go right ahead. This recipe is super simple, but does need refrigeration time. Hope this recipe makes your Easter a little brighter.
To start out, combine a small package of strawberry jello (or raspberry jello if you’re making this with raspberries instead), a small package of Cook and Serve Vanilla pudding and 2 cups of water in a pot on the stove. There is a difference between instant and cook and serve puddings, so make sure you have the cook and serve kind. Whisk those together and bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
After it has boiled for 1 minute, pour the jello into a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. I usually do this step first thing in the morning or the day before. After 4 hours the jello in still somewhat pour-able, but overnight it becomes a soft solid. The next step is to add the cool whip, but before you do that you need mix the jello up to make it smooth again so you don’t have jello pieces throughout your salad. I usually use my stand mixer with the whisk attachment, but beaters will work fine, too. Just beat the jello up for a minute to break it up and make it smooth again.
Now fold in the cool whip. You can do this by mixer, beater or by hand. Fold in your berries of choice and refrigerate for another 2 hours before serving.Print
Berries and Cream Jello Salad
A light, fluffy, berry salad that will satisfy your sweet tooth! You’re sure to love this creamy jello salad full of sweet strawberries.
- Category: Jello Salad
- 1 (3 oz) pkg. Strawberry or Raspberry Jello
- 1 (3 oz) pkg. Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Strawberries (or 2 cups Raspberries) (*see note at end)
- Combine the jello and pudding mixes in a pot with the water. Whisk together and bring to a boil over med-high heat. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour into a glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Dump the now chilled jello into a mixing bowl and beat until it is smooth and there are not any lumps.
- Fold in the cool whip.
- Fold in the berries.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- *Strawberries or raspberries may be fresh or frozen. If using frozen berries thaw and drain before using.