This scrumptious cream cheese pound cake is the perfect spring dessert! This moist, sweet pound cake goes with any fruit or is tasty alone as well.
It's that time of year when people start looking for springy desserts for Easter, so I am sharing my go-to pound cake recipe today. I got this recipe years ago from a friend I went to culinary school with. This scrumptious cream cheese pound cake is truly delicious.
It is so good served with fresh berries and whipped cream, but it also can stand alone. It is one of my all-time favorites! Try it and let me know how you like it!
This pound cake is really easy to make. The only thing that stands out to me that I should probably say is about the tube pan.
For this pound cake, I used a 10-inch one-piece tube pan. I've never made this with a 2 piece pan because I'm afraid it will leak. So you will need a 10-inch tube or bundt pan for this one. You will also want to spray it really well with non-stick baking spray.
In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until it is well mixed. Add the sugar and cream until it is light and fluffy, as pictured above. Add the vanilla and almond extracts. Add the flour and eggs alternately with one another. Start with 1 cup of cake flour, then 3 eggs, 1 cup of cake flour, the last 3 eggs, and then the last cup of cake flour. Mix well with each addition.
Pour the batter into the tube pan and smooth it out. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes in the very center of your oven. I have to lower an oven rack for this.
A skewer should come out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, and then run a sharp knife around the edges and center tube. Cool completely before removing from the pan. Slice and serve the cooled cake with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Scrumptious Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 ½ Cups Butter softened
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese 8 oz. package, softened
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 6 Eggs
- 3 Cups Cake Flour
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. You may need to lower the rack in your oven. This pound cake needs to be cooked right in the center of the oven. Prepare a 10-inch tube pan by spraying it WELL with non-stick baking spray. (Just a note here. My tube pan is one piece. I've never made this in a 2 piece tube pan. So I'm not sure if it would leak out of a 2 piece tube pan, but it could.)
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until it is well incorporated.
- Add the sugar and cream until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add the flour and eggs alternately with each othe,r starting with 1 cup of the cake flour, then 3 eggs, 1 cup of cake flour, the last 3 eggs, and finally the last cup of cake flour. Mix just until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tube pan and smooth out evenly.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes. A skewer should come out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the outside edge and the edge of the inner tube. Cool the pound cake completely before removing it from the tube pan.
- Once cooled and removed from the pan. Slice and serve!
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating above and a comment below!
Other recipes I know you'll love!
Don't forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!