These flavorful mozzarella green onions rolls will make a regular dinner extraordinary! These onion cheese rolls will become a new favorite!
Today I want to share my yummy recipe for these mozzarella green onion rolls. They are soooo tasty. Mozzarella cheese and green onions rolled up in homemade rolls. It doesn’t get much better than that, right? These go fantastically with soups or salads. They are even good reheated the next day. So if you are looking for fun, tasty twist on regular dinner rolls, give these a try! You’ll be glad you did!
How to make these unique rolls:
- After preparing the roll dough as instructed in the recipe below. Roll it out into a rectangular shape. Sprinkle some garlic salt across the rolled out dough. Then sprinkle on the 1/2 cup of sliced green onions and 2 cups of shredded mozzarella. Roll up jelly roll style.
- I highly recommend using dental floss to slice up these rolls. Just take a long piece of dental floss, slip it under the end of the rolled up dough about 1 inch. Cross the ends of the floss over the top of the rolled up dough as if you were going to tie a knot. Pull the ends of the floss causing the floss to cut through the dough slicing off a round of dough. Continue in 1 inch increments down the rolled up dough until it is all sliced up. You should get about 15 rolls. Bake in a preheated oven for 17-20 minutes.
Are green onions the same as chives?
Yes, and no. Chives are the green part of the green onion.
What goes well with mozzarella green onion rolls?
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below!
And don’t forget to subscribe to get my newest sent right to your email!Print
These flavorful mozzarella green onions rolls will make a regular dinner extraordinary! These cheesy, oniony rolls will become a new favorite!
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 Tbs Active Dry Yeast
- 4 Tbs. Butter (room temp.)
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3–4 Cups Flour
- Garlic Salt
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced Green Onions
- 2 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes to get foamy.
- Mix in the butter, salt, and 3 cups of the flour with a dough hook.
- Once well combined, add the last cup of flour 1/4 cup at a time until the dough forms a ball, pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch. YOU MAY NOT NEED THE ENTIRE LAST CUP OF FLOUR.
- Knead for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Cover the bowl with a dish towl and allow dough to rise until doubled. About 30-40 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Gently dump the risen dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a rectangular shape.
- Lightly sprinkle the rolled out dough with the garlic salt.
- Sprinkle with the green onions, then the mozzarella cheese. Roll up the dough jelly roll style.
- Slice the rolled up dough into roughly 15 one inch slices using dental floss or a super sharp knife. I highly recommend the dental floss.
- Place the roll slices on the prepared baking sheet. Cover the rolls and let rise for 17-20 minutes. They should nearly double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bake the mozzarella green onion rolls for 20-23 minutes. The rolls should be slightly browned.
Keywords: pinwheels, dinner rolls, cheese bread
ANY NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS ON THIS SITE IS BASED ON AN ESTIMATE, CALCULATED BY NURTIFOX PLUGIN (OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOURCE) FROM THE INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS IN EACH RECIPE. VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS, INCLUDING PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND FOOD PREPARATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION.
Last Updated on