Need a no-bake Halloween treat that can be made ahead? Adding candy eyes to Oreo truffle balls is easy and makes a creepy yet tasty dessert that both kids and adults love!
I'll show you how to make this scary treat with just 5 ingredients! This is even a great recipe for kids to help with too!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Halloween treats that are creepy and scary but not gross!
- Great for older kids to make and assemble! Plus, they're much easier to make than cake balls!
- No bake, quick Halloween dessert!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Oreos - regular, not thins, not doubled or triple stuffed.
- White Chocolate - You can use actual white chocolate wafers or white candy melters. The candy melter coat is better, but the white chocolate tastes better. You could also use white almond bark. White chocolate chips tend to be a little bit too thin and don't make the best coating.
- Colored Candy Melters - any color will work. The eyeballs in my pictures are drizzled with red, but I think a ghostly green or purple is awesome too!
- Candy Eyes - You can generally find these in any kitchen specialty store. I like the large candy eyes as opposed to the small eyes. The small ones look a little weird.
How To Make Step-by-Step Recipe Instructions
- So, the insides of these eerie eyeballs are Oreo truffle balls. If you've never made Oreo truffle balls before, don't worry; they are super easy.
- Just completely crush 36 regular Oreos, cream filling and all, into fine crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs well with 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized globs and roll them in your hands into balls.
- Try to get 36 Oreo balls out of a batch.
- Put the rolled balls onto a wax paper-lined cookie sheet and place them in the freezer for 15 minutes while you melt the white chocolate or white candy melts.
- Once the white chocolate is completely melted, melt the colored candy melters, pour it into a disposable frosting bag, and set aside until it's time to drizzle the colored candy.
- Remove the Oreo balls from the freezer and dip them one at a time, completely coating and allowing the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the dipped truffle balls immediately on a piece of wax paper.
- After you've dipped 7 or 8 balls in the white coating, clip the tip of the frosting bag and drizzle the melted-colored candy over the white coating.
- Immediately press an eyeball on the top.
- Repeat the process doing 7-8 balls at a time.
- You can place all of them back in the fridge to harden faster if you wish.
Recipe FAQs and Expert Tips
You can also use a blender, a magic bullet, or a nutri-bullet, or you can put the Oreos in a gallon-size ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
I usually melt the white in my Wilton chocolate melting pot. It not only melts them, it keeps them warm for continuous dipping. However, for the colored candy melts, I use silicone melt and pour measuring cups. You could also use these silicone cups for the white as well. A double boiler would work as well!
A week to 10 days when stored in the fridge.
The centers contain cream cheese, so it is best to keep them in the fridge when they're not being served.
Related Halloween Recipes
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below! And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get my latest recipes sent right to your email! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Spooky Oreo Truffle Eyeballs
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Crush the Oreos, cream filling, and all, into fine crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs well with the cream cheese.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized globs of Oreo mix and roll in your hands to make balls.
- Try to get 36 truffle balls.
- Place the balls onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Once all the balls are rolled, place them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the truffle balls are in the freezer, melt the white chocolate or white candy melts according to package instructions.
- Melt the colored candy melts according to package instructions and pour melted melts into a disposable frosting bag.
- Dip the Oreo truffle balls into the white chocolate, allow the excess to drip off, and place them on wax paper.
- Dip 7-8 balls, then drizzle with the green candy coating and immediately place a candy eye on the top.
- Repeat in groups of 7-8 balls until all are finished.
- Place in the fridge to harden faster.
- Store eyeballs in the fridge when they're not being served.