These smooth, melt-in-your-mouth beginner's chocolate truffles are irresistible! They are even simple enough for children to make!
Looking for a quick, easy candy to make for Valentine's Day? Give these beginner's chocolate truffles a try! They are very basic. No candy thermometer or candy-making is needed. These are simple and delicious.
They do need to remain chilled for best results. Nuts are optional. I love these to be filled with almonds, but my kids don't, so I make half with nuts and half without. These are easy enough for kids to make, too! So, if you have eager helpers in the kitchen, you'll love these!
This is all you need to make this fun treat! Chocolate, cream, butter, and some almond extract. When I made these this time, I actually tried some mint extract. I love mint truffles! They actually turned out pretty good!
Carefully melt the chocolate chips, cream, and butter in the microwave. Once melted and smooth, stir in the almond extract and nuts if you want them. Pour into mini cupcake wrappers and put in the fridge. Devour once completely set!
Beginner's Chocolate Truffles
- 1 ¼ Cups Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- ¾ Cup Almond Slivers
- Place 24 mini cupcake wrappers in a mini cupcake pan.
- Carefully melt the chocolate chips, cream, and butter in the microwave.
- Once melted and smooth, stir in the almond extract and almond slivers if desired.
- Pour into the mini cupcake wrappers. Refrigerate until set. Devour!
- Keep chilled for best results.