During those summer months you always end up with too much zucchini! Why not whip up a batch of zucchini cookies! These soft cookies with a hint of cinnamon and packed with chocolate chips are one of my favorite ways to use up some of my excess zucchini!
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a couple baking sheets with non stick parchment paper (or spray them lightly with non stick cooking spray).
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the white sugar and the brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and the oatmeal.
- Add the shredded zucchini.
- Add the flour.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Allow the cookie dough to sit for 10 minutes so any extra moisture gets absorbed.
- Scoop cookie dough onto the prepared pans with a cookie scoop or by spoonfuls that are approximately 2 Tbs of dough spacing each a couple inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven (350 degrees) for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool and eat!
- I do not find that removing extra moisture from the zucchini is necessary for this recipe. The oatmeal soaks up any extra liquid very well.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container or large ziploc bag.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
Keywords: zucchini cookies, zucchini chocolate chip cookies, zucchini cookies with chocolate chips, oatmeal zucchini cookies