Start your day off right with these delicious wild blueberry buttermilk pancakes! They are quick, easy and will disappear as fast as you can make them!
- 1 1/4 Cups Flour (divided)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 Cups Buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Almond or Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Wild Blueberries
- Preheat a griddle to medium heat ( I set mine at about 275 degrees)
- Measure the wild blueberries and dump them in a strainer. Rinse them well and allow them to drip while you mix up the pancake batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 1 Cup of the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, oil, egg and extract of your choice just until everything is combined.
- Dump the remaining 1/4 cup of flour and the drained wild blueberries into a ziploc sandwich bag. Seal and shake until the wild blueberries are well coated with the flour.
- Dump the flour coated wild blueberries and any remaining flour in the bag into the pancake batter. Fold (don't stir) the wild blueberries into the batter just until combined and well distributed.
- Scoop batter out by 1/4 cupfulls onto the preheated griddle. Cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve hot.
Keywords: pancakes, blueberry pancakes