Check out these white chocolate chip lemon cookies! They are soft, chewy and packed with lemon flavor! Perfect for summer!
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Tbs. Lemon Extract
- 1/2 tsp Citric Acid (See note)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat the sugar, brown sugar and lemon zest in a mixing bowl for a couple minutes to release the oils from the zest.
- Add the softened butter and cream well.
- Add the egg, lemon extract and citric acid.
- Add the baking soda and salt.
- Mix in 2 cups of flour.
- Add the last 1/4 cup with the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop out by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- The edges should be ever so slightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks!
You don’t want to skip the citric acid! It is important to the lemony flavor of these cookies. You can find citric acid in most kitchen goods stores as well as many regular grocery stores. If you can’t find it in the baking aisle try the canning aisle.
Keywords: Lemon Cookies, lemon