I am a lemon lover and lemon desserts are my weakness! These lemon white chocolate chip cookies are my new favorite! Who wouldn't love a soft, chewy lemon cookie that was quick and easy to make as well as packed with lemon flavor and sweet white chocolate!
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Lemon Zest
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- 2 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz bag) White Chocolate Chips
- Yellow Food Coloring is Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a couple baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper or spraying them with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream room temperature or softened butter, sugar and fresh lemon zest.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, lemon extract and eggs.
- Add the fresh lemon juice and a bit of yellow food coloring if you want. I didn't but if you want a deeper yellow color you can add some.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Add 2 cups of the flour and mix well.
- Add the sweet white chocolate chips with the last cup of flour.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop 12 balls of cookie dough onto a baking sheet or cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. DO NOT overbake these cookies.
- When they are done they will not be browned at all. They will be puffy and look not quite done but trust me they are. Overbaking will make them brittle and hard.
- Cool slightly on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container or large ziploc bag.
- DO NOT overbake these cookies!
- Fresh lemon juice and zest are an absolute must!
Keywords: white chocolate chip lemon cookies, lemon white chocolate chips cookies, lemon white chocolate cookies, lemon cookies with white chocolate chips