The fluffy sweetness of this delectable whipped cream frosting makes any kind of cake something extraordinary! Instead of dense sugary frosting try this light, creamy cream cheese alternative!
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar (sifted)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla (clear is preferable but not necessary)
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 Cup of the sifted powdered sugar, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, begin beating the heavy cream.
- As it starts to thicken, drizzle in the vanilla and spoon in the last cup of sifted powdered sugar with the beaters running.
- Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Beat a dollop or two into the cream cheese mixture just to loosen it up a little.
- Then FOLD the remaining whipped cream in by hand.
- Remember to fold, not stir, to keep the fluffiness of the whipped cream.
- Chill the frosting for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the chilled frosting into a large frosting bag and pipe over a batch of cupcakes or frost a cake.
- This is not a stiff frosting like buttercream. It's a very soft and light frosting.
- Store desserts frosted with this frosting in the fridge.
- If you choose to substitute cool whip or whipped topping for the cream you'll need 3 cups of cool whip which is an 8 oz tub plus half of another 8 oz tub. Beat all the powdered sugar and the vanilla into the cream cheese and then fold the cool whip into that.
Keywords: cream cheese frosting, whipped cream frosting, whipped cream cheese frosting recipe