The fluffy sweetness of this delectable whipped cream cheese frosting makes any kind of cake something extraordinary! Just try it and see!
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar (sifted)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla (clear is preferable but not necessary)
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 24 Cupcakes
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the cream cheese, sifted powdered sugar, salt and vanilla until it is completely smooth. In another medium sized bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Working quickly, carefully fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before piping onto cupcakes.
- Fill a large pastry bag with some of the frosting at a time. Pipe onto the cupcakes. Place cupcakes back in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
Adapted from a recipe found years ago on Allrecipes.
Keywords: cream cheese frosting, frosting, whipped frosting