This cinnamon apple loaf of quick bread is perfectly moist and speckled with walnuts! The applesauce cuts down the amount of sugar making it a little healthier! Have it baked and cooling in 1 hour!
- 1/4 Cup Butter, room temp.
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Chopped Apples (roughly 1 large apple)
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Peel, core, slice and dice a large apple.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, olive oil and sugar.
- Beat in the applesauce, vanilla and eggs.
- Beat in the cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and half the flour.
- Hand mix in the last half of flour with the chopped apples and chopped walnuts.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes then tent the bread with a piece of tin foil to avoid over browning.
- Continue to bake for another 20 minutes.
- Cool the bread on a cooling rack for 20 minutes before removing from the bread pan.
- Store cooled bread in a loosely covered container or loosely covered with saran wrap on a cutting board.
- My apple preference for baking is Granny Smith apples however, Gala or Fujis work well also. Avoid Red Delicious, Yellow apples or Braeburns. They don't hold up well when they bake.
Keywords: apple bread, apple quick bread, apple bread recipe, apple cinnamon bread, apple walnut bread