Want an easy recipe that you can throw together as you clean up from Thanksgiving dinner and uses your leftover turkey? Try my Turkey Pot Pie!
- An unbaked, double Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup small diced Carrots
- 1/4 Cup diced Onion
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup small diced Potatoes
- 3 oz. Queso Blanco Velveeta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 1 1/2 Cup chopped up fully cooked Turkey
- Prepare your double pie crust first. Place the bottom crust in a deep dish 9 inch pie plate and set aside.
- In a small soup pot, melt the butter to sizzling and lightly saute’ the carrots and onions.
- Whisk in the flour make somewhat of a paste.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, whisking as you go, until all the chicken broth has been added.
- Add the potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the queso blanco Velveeta and stir until it is melted and mixed throughout.
- Add the peas and turkey.
- Mix well and pour into the bottom pie crust. Top with the top crust and seal the edges. Cut a few slits in the top for steam venting.
- Either place in the fridge with the intent to bake in the next 24 hours or bake now.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes. The crust should be golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- I like to place an empty baking sheet on the bottom rack of my oven under the pot pie just in case I missed sealing a spot along the edge properly and it leaks a little.
Keywords: leftover turkey, thanksgiving, pot pie