The best cream of mushroom soup should not be hard to make and definitely doesn’t come from a can. Try my recipe! It is quick, simple and absolutely delicious!
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 16 oz. Sliced Crimini Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Cups Half and Half
- Bring the butter to a sizzle in a soup pot. Lightly saute’ the mushrooms and onions in the butter. Onions should be slightly translucent and the mushrooms slightly softened.
- Stir in the flour. Mix until no white streaks remain. Add the chicken broth a little at a time, mixing well between additions until all the broth has been added.
- Simmer the mushrooms until they are soft and cooked all the way through. Remove from the heat and blend with an emulsion blender, a regular blender or a food processor until the soup is as chunky or smooth as you want.
- Put back over a low heat on the stovetop and stir in the half and half. Heat until the soup is hot but not boiling. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Keywords: Cream of Mushroom soup, Mushroom Soup